Sunday 3/31

M
morglum_s
Took the little guys out to St. Louis Ponds for the 1st time today. Got a keeper rainbow on our 1st cast on Pond 1 (red worm floated from the bottom), but not much after that. The kids caught a bunch of blue gill in Pond 6, which was fun for them. Noticed when I got home and was cleaning the Trout that it's dorsal fin was intact, but I'm guessing it's still a stocker...

Last edited:
J
jabs67
Glad you got to get out and enjoy the weather. Blue gill can be a lot of fun. :cool:

Jeff

M
Moe
They clip the adipose, but not on all fish. Idk its wierd some fish are clipped some aren't but you can tell a native from a stocker

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Good for you & the little ones! :clap:

B
Big3d
I'm not sure but I believe trout were just recently introduced to pond 1, last year it was ponds 3 and 6, this year it's 1 and 6, congrats on a good day of bluegilling for the kids

H
hmoob
congrats man, good to see that the kids are getting on those bluegills. i just wonder though, what you use to catch those bluegills? also have anyone notice those big shellcracker?

M
morglum_s
we caught everything with red worms (from our compost bin) floated from the bottom. The bluegill were right on the shore so the kids could see the fish take the bait. Most of them were too small to even hookset though, so I had to do _alot_ of re-baiting.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
If it's in a pond I'm doubting it's a native