River color

L
LilCorky
Did the River clear up better onthis last rise or is it still colored?

B
bran_man
Mudslaw always colors up when is on the rise and usually takes a while for the clarity to come back. It might not be too bad now but sure it will still have at least some color to it...

R
rippin fish lips
Heard it was muddy a day or two ago. Might be green today or tomorrow. Or just right off color.

J
JeannaJigs
The crapslaw always has a good amount of color unless it's been more than a week, sometimes more without rain. It is the slowest dropping and clearing river known to man I swear. This however is in your favor when everything else is gin clear.

L
LilCorky
Thanks I guess. I just know when it went up a while back it was very very dirty and there was talk of a slide or logging causing the river to be dirty. It is very difficult to catch fish when it's like that.

J
JeannaJigs
It's naturally a very easily colored river. There's been a lot of logging in the upper river over the years that has made it what it is today. Just means you change your tactics a bit and you go big, bright and smelly.

C
CoeRoe
Does that same reasoning apply even now? I wanted to drive out to Whittaker Creek tomorrow but it seems like it'll be super-merky.

B
bran_man
Well I'm pretty sure it's closed now, not positive but I would Def check the regs first. With how much rain we have been getting I would not be surprised if it was blown out by now

B
bran_man
Ok just checked and it's still open from Whittaker put in to 200 yards past Wildcat until the 15th. I also checked the water levels and it's at a good level is good currently, but projected to blow out in the next day or 2

C
CoeRoe
Sounds like it'll be next weekend for the last shot at steelies on the Slaw...