4/18/11 First day of Carping this year

D
Drew9870
Managed to get out on my favorite pond by 6:00pm, fish were feeding right away and I had the first 12lb hooked about 6:45pm, took me into a sumberged bush for a good minute but managed to loosen itself free. The 2nd was a scrawny 7lb that didn't last too long on the 50lb braid, still about 4-5 minutes since it took me into the submerged reeds that aren't even close to submerged in the Summer time along with the same little shrub the first one took me into. The 3rd one was about 13lbs, looked pregnant, I handed the rod off to a buddy since my rod was the hot one all day besides his rod getting the first hook-up/loss about 20mins into casting. Hair-Rigged Breadballs about 22mm under a size 8 Wholesale Sports brand Streamer hook, love the thickness and sharpness of the hooks, although, sometimes a first catch will dull a brand new hook, my hook is still good after all three fish (usually sacrifice a hook after 6 fish). Bolt Rig with a 3oz so they really hook themselves, once they schooled up, the splash of the weight would hardly even spook them in 5-6ft of water, have had hookups in the past as I set my rod down.

You can actually see the bread ball hanging off the ''hair'' part of the rig.

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
dang nice dude

Reactions: eggs
T
Throbbit _Shane
fattys!

Reactions: eggs
D
Drew9870
Thank You,

Sorry I didn't make it down that way as planned, my buddy flaked on me as I expected. But he is really looking forward to having me come stay so I can get him into some Springers or maybe the Summers, he just wants some chrome and even better would be some ink. I was looking forward to Carping the Expo Ponds though, but Summer will be even more of a plus! He lost a rod to a Mirror Carp and his Grandpa caught the rod and the fish years ago! LOL.

I'll have another report tomorrow, I have hooked another buddy on Carp fishing once again.

D
Drew9870
Come on eggs, don't be scared to say that fish has a real purdy mouth, you know you thought that. :lol:;):lol:

We should have pulled an April Fools joke on eggs, photoshop one of Brandon4455's sucker kissing pics and find a pic of eggs, and replace Brandon with him..... ;) I would've moved outta state if I had done such a thing :lol:.

Last edited:
E
eggs
No but you got pretty lips cutie!;)

Reactions: brandon4455 and Throbbit _Shane
D
Drew9870
HEY HEY HEY now, not in a Carp thread :naughty: :lol:.

Some harsh things won't traumatize me, comments like THAT WILL! :lol:

Last edited:
T
TTFishon
Nice carp Drew!!!

brandon4455
brandon4455
Drew9870 said:
Come on eggs, don't be scared to say that fish has a real purdy mouth, you know you thought that. :lol:;):lol:

We should have pulled an April Fools joke on eggs, photoshop one of Brandon4455's sucker kissing pics and find a pic of eggs, and replace Brandon with him..... ;) I would've moved outta state if I had done such a thing :lol:.

LOL. that would be funny. and nice fish by the way. those are some fat ones. :clap:

N
nwkiller
nice carp man

D
Drew9870
OoPs!

Last edited:
S
Sinkline

Last edited:
D
Drew9870
Been looking forward to it Sinkline, Brownlee Reservoir in Richland is probably my favorite place, such a variety of large fish to be caught, hard fighting 5lb Smallies, Flatheads, Channel, Sturgeon, no shortage of monster Carp.....

A buddy of mine is trying to plan a trip out there this Summer.

S
strawberry shortcake
What does carp taste like? By the way, I'm slow on the uptake here (as in I don't get most jokes unless they are really obvious). Am I to assume that a purdy mouth has something to do with you know what? Or are you saying something else? Sorry if my mind went south and I know that it sucks to have to explain jokes. My boyfriend says I must be a blond pretending to be a redhead when it comes to jokes.

M
mrlindeman
Good start to the season man!!!! I will be making boilies soon but you should come by when I do. That way we can make them killer

D
Drew9870
Yes, Strawberry Shortcake, we had our minds in the gutter :D.

Sure Bud, Ma doesn't get very happy when she comes home to bait making crap everywhere, so we might be able to do it at my place :lol::whistle:.

No report for today, only caught two on floating bread crust, my buddies Droid went dead and his phone has a damn good camera.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Hey Drew, would you consider posting up yourfavorite boilies recipes?

D
Drew9870
Boilies were designed for the Hair-Rig, along with keeping pest fish from stealing your bait, using a Boilie directly on the hook is not recommended.

I don't have a specific recipe, I generally go out and buy the healthiest, known bait ingredients I can find in a grocery store/health store along with the ingredients I have from TheBaitStop.com, Kelp, Ground Trout Pellet, Soybean Meal, Potato and Bread Meal, Spirulina Powder, Multi-Blend Meal, probably a couple others (haven't broke out the stash this year), I also have some flours/binders and extra additives from Winco.

I'll post a couple articles on how Carp feed, they will show more about what brings Carp to a certain bait at certain times basically.

T
Troutier Bassier
Nice fish!
I'd love to get some of your boilie recipes. :)

J
john montana
Nice fish. I am dying for some carp action. I tried today while in San Diego but only caught a bass and some goofy ocean fish.