11th steelhead this season.

R
rippin fish lips
Don't mind my swollen face! In the 4th grade i got in a bike accident and knocked out my two front teeth. Now i deal with severe swelling in my lip, face and eyes. My teeth and mouth hurt even more and more everytime it happens. The dentist said i may have problems later on with swelling and rotting roots becasue of the way i broke them. Looks like its time to get it checked out... In agonizing pain, and massive facial swelling the night before and morning after.

I went out yesterday morning at dark, got to the river at dark. I waited for sunrise to wade across the river to my hole. Got to my hole with a game plan in mind, Fish 1 seam real hard with my roe.

Got to the hole, first hour was slow. Went through a whole 12 inch skein of eggs in 1 hour! Missed plenty of hits is why... 2nd hour and about the 4th cast into the 2nd hour, fish on! Looked down in the water to see a spawned out steelie on the end of my line. It looked like a sorehead nook but wasn't! Got it to the bank and it popped off!

Kept fishing that hole real hard with only a lost Chinook. I'm glad tho, i didn't want to fight a rusty ol' springer. Fished it more after that with no hits.

3 hours later i decide to go above the spawning salmon where the Steelhead have been getting pushed to, some fast white water. 4 feet of water, i wanted to drift fish the fast flowing water with my roe, so i did. 1rst cast and fish on! The fish doesn't jump or anything! I can tell its a Steelhead but its bull dogging like a nook. Next thing i see is a silver rocket fly outa the air, i see pink eggs on the dorsal fin. OHH SHOOT! I fouled it in the fin, fought it in and released her. 2nd cast after that and fish on! a nice 28 inch hen fought for 5 mins and bonked her. 3rd cast and fish on! Fought this dark buck for about 5 mins, tail landed her while holding my rod and my mainline, i walk the fish to the bank only to have her slip out of my grasp at the last second and take off while still hgolding my main line, big mistake! coulda been my 11th steelie tagged!

Atleast i landed him and could say i caught 2 steelhead in once day once again this year. still goin for that 2nd limit ever, and i will nto giove up until i get it!

I have reached my goal of 10 steelhead taggged and one native springer landed and realeased. I am one happy camper now, and will be content until winters start runnin!

was a good day! got me some nice lookin roe for that 11th steelhead!

10thsteelie-mygoalfor2011.jpg

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
excellent fish man your on fire!! :clap: :clap:

R
rippin fish lips
thanks bro! the swelling in my face isn't as bad today as it was yederday ahha! At the end of the year, i am gunna make a post of all the fish i have caught this year. (ALL YOU OFFERS ARE APART OF THE STEELHEAD I CAUGHT THIS YEAR AND LAST YEAR!)

I would love to thank all of you OFFERS that helped me in my new addiction called, steelheading!

So thank you fellow OFFERS! (Plumb2fish, brandon, jeana, andy, anatoliy, Runwithsasquatch, Mr. throbbit shane who disapeared... colby, and just everyone on here) I feel pretty releived on getting my 10th steelie. I waS STARTING to think i wasn't gunna get it, but i kept at it because of all the motivation all you guys gave me.

I really THANK YOU OFFERS, for the help. I couldn't say it enough. I feel apart of the steelheaders now, it's wut i wanted and i got it when i found this site. Again i THANK YOU!

Tanner.

D
DYJ
Nice fish, and if I remember right you fish the Mac most of the time. Thats real good for the Mac, I haven't caught one out of there all year.

R
rippin fish lips
DYJ said:
Nice fish, and if I remember right you fish the Mac most of the time. Thats real good for the Mac, I haven't caught one out of there all year.

Yeah! I have been fishing it for 4 years now. I spent the first year targeting the trout, the 3 i went for steelhead. 1rst year i didn't get anything, 2nd i got 2 hook up with 1 landed. Then i joined here and started catchin the last 2 year!

Thanks bro!

G
gjonesjr
always enjoy your post,nice fish i went out after work but got nada,we should hit up the water sometime?

M
markasd
Sounds like you had a great day! Good report, like reading your posts..

T
Thuggin4Life
MAn you're really getting that dialed in. might have to hire you as a guide next year.

R
rippin fish lips
Thuggin4Life said:
might have to hire you as a guide next year.

This is the way i see it. Tax money + a lil xtra money = a drift boat next year. I shall fill my tag with steelies next year so i have to buy a new one for fallies. My goal is to take other people/friends and try to put them on fish. And jjust to get to know everyone on the river.

Next year will be game ON!

B
bigsteel
:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

R
RunWithSasquatch
rippin fish lips said:
This is the way i see it. Tax money + a lil xtra money = a drift boat next year. I shall fill my tag with steelies next year so i have to buy a new one for fallies. My goal is to take other people/friends and try to put them on fish. And jjust to get to know everyone on the river.

Next year will be game ON!

can't get 'new' tags for wild fish. So its best to start out with an extra hatchery tag, and buy more as needed, and leave your original tag for the fall natives.

M
Mad dog
Nice job!!! It has been a good summer for Steelhead! Sucks about the one that slipped out your hands!

M
Moosebonsai
Well done!:clap:

R
rippin fish lips
RunWithSasquatch said:
can't get 'new' tags for wild fish. So its best to start out with an extra hatchery tag, and buy more as needed, and leave your original tag for the fall natives.

Alright! I am going after them now, starting tomorrow. Just feel like inkin a couple, well... trying to that is.

R
rippin fish lips
Mad dog said:
Nice job!!! It has been a good summer for Steelhead! Sucks about the one that slipped out your hands!

Thanks bro! Yeah it definetly has! It's funny about the one that sliped outa my hands, i was so heated! lol :p its all good tho.

B
bran_man
Nice fish ! Did you end up catching anything when I saw you on Friday? I went yesterday(Sunday) and caught 2 more! #33 and 34 steelies for me so far. Not too bad so far