Polebender Invitational

R
ryan808
tomriker said:
all the fly fishin' folk need a good bass rod tho!

I second that, haaa were on page 29 :dance: couple more posts to go.

brandon4455
brandon4455
tomriker said:
all the fly fishin' folk need a good bass rod tho!

i have one but i'm selling it to noah LOL. honesty, my whole life ive fished with small cheap ass rods and caught big fish. the only time ive lost them is from snapped line not because they snagged me up.

C
colbypearson
7' mh fast action, noice thats the most solid and versatile rod there can be, spinnerbaits, jigs, texas rigs, carolina rigs, topwater ERR-THANG.....can't wait!

brandon4455
brandon4455
hey, one more question fp.. will the boat/toon or whatever i will be in.. fit a good amount of stuff? i want to know how many rods im gunna be able to bring.. 3 at the most is what i WAS thinkin cause my steelhead rod,my smaller spinning rod and a fly rod.. or i could just leave the fly rod at home.. my big rod won't throw my spinners and smaller lures out the best so i am going to have to bring my small rod too.

L
lilsalmon
lilsalmon doesn't have a bass rod.....but fly rod will do okay

F
Finneus Polebender
brandon4455 said:
hey, one more question fp.. will the boat/toon or whatever i will be in.. fit a good amount of stuff? i want to know how many rods im gunna be able to bring.. 3 at the most is what i WAS thinkin cause my steelhead rod,my smaller spinning rod and a fly rod.. or i could just leave the fly rod at home.. my big rod won't throw my spinners and smaller lures out the best so i am going to have to bring my small rod too.

3 rods will be no prob , and not to worry lilsalmon I think with 5 kids and 8 grandkids I will have an extra bass rod to loan ya LOL. Woops and crawdads will fall under the sandshrimp loophole might be kinda tuff findin them right now though.

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
should i bring my pontoon? Ill have a extra spinning rod in anyone needs to use it.

brandon4455
brandon4455
okay cool. so, heres what rods i will be bringing (most likely unless i change my mind) 8'6" medium action bait caster (my steelhead rod) my cabelas 8wt fly outfit. and my little spinning rod thats like 5'6"

N
Noahk
brandon4455 said:
okay cool. so, heres what rods i will be bringing (most likely unless i change my mind) 8'6" medium action bait caster (my steelhead rod) my cabelas 8wt fly outfit. and my little spinning rod thats like 5'6"
Sounds good man. I think I'm going to bring my 5'6" and 7' spinning ultralite set ups. I think I have an extra 5'6" ultralite and 7' medium action if you want to borrow one or both. Seems like a 8'6" might be a little heavy, but I don't really claim to know what I'm doing.

T
tomriker
WOOHOO! page 30! and WOOHOO to the weather! lets home the weatherman isn't lying.. like usual... im bringing my 2 custom made rods that Ryan808 built. one's a jiggin' pole and the other is a broomstick to cast a 9" swimbait :D

brandon4455
brandon4455
Noahk said:
Sounds good man. I think I'm going to bring my 5'6" and 7' spinning ultralite set ups. I think I have an extra 5'6" ultralite and 7' medium action if you want to borrow one or both. Seems like a 8'6" might be a little heavy, but I don't really claim to know what I'm doing.

it's a light rod but yes a bit long.. i wouldn't mind using your 7ft medium if thats okay with you. id be to afraid of breaking the 5'6" :lol: do you want me to bring that 7ft mh rod for you to try out?

B
bernduffy
Weather looks so good, I'm thinking of camping and doing Green Peter for early kokanee on Sunday. If the many large PI bass haven't worn me out...or made off with my rods.

N
Noahk
brandon4455 said:
it's a light rod but yes a bit long.. i wouldn't mind using your 7ft medium if thats okay with you. id be to afraid of breaking the 5'6" :lol: do you want me to bring that 7ft mh rod for you to try out?
Yeah totally. The 7' is an old fenwick but I'm pretty sure it's caught more fish than the two of use combined. It's a spinning set up and the only reel I'll have for it is a spinning with 4# test. Not sure if that will work for you.

F
Finneus Polebender
Throbbit _Shane said:
should i bring my pontoon? Ill have a extra spinning rod in anyone needs to use it.

If there is room that would be great I have them here but gettin colose on folks without boats so it wouldnt hurt.

brandon4455
brandon4455
Noahk said:
Yeah totally. The 7' is an old fenwick but I'm pretty sure it's caught more fish than the two of use combined. It's a spinning set up and the only reel I'll have for it is a spinning with 4# test. Not sure if that will work for you.
i can work with that unless you want me to respool it with 10lb. sounds like a nice old rod. id be glad to put some fish to it! or, i can put my spinning reel on it. either way ill work with whatever you decide. :)

N
Noahk
brandon4455 said:
i can work with that unless you want me to respool it with 10lb. sounds like a nice old rod. id be glad to put some fish to it! or, i can put my spinning reel on it. either way ill work with whatever you decide. :)
Cool. You know I can probably pull the reel off my steelhead rod and put it on the fenwick. I think it has 10 or 12# on it.

This is absolutely going to be the longest thread ever!

brandon4455
brandon4455
Noahk said:
Cool. You know I can probably pull the reel off my steelhead rod and put it on the fenwick. I think it has 10 or 12# on it.

This is absolutely going to be the longest thread ever!

sweet! sounds good to me. and yeah, this thread is guna be soooo long. and there are gunna be a lot more until the 23rd i wonder if we will make it to 40 pages LOL

T
tomriker
so, what's everyone bringing for lunch?

brandon4455
brandon4455
im bringing peanut butter brownies for snacks and ill probably eat some of the burgers that are gettin cooked up! i'm hungry now.. LOL

Last edited:
F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
so, what's everyone bringing for lunch?

I am doing 8 whole chickens and 1/3 lb burgers, and hot dogs over the fire picked up some cookin cedar today, make ya want to slap your mamma theyre so good! Wife will be makin tater salad and broccoli salad I think.