Carp in America

E
eggs
It will never be a sport fish to me.. but it can/is a sport fish to many... more power to them I just rather spend my time and effort in the wood chasing some other fish... we have gone through this before all this thread did was stoke the **** carp movement..

Last edited:
D
Drew9870
Drew9870 said:
The point is, why just Carp? Just because those (I was too) were born and raised around hearing Carp are Crap, and only took on that side, doesn't mean you have to come on here and explain what I know just so you can make a point to explain to others why they should not agree Carp are a sport fish, it's like it is totally wrong to say they should be sought after and released just because regulations allow to do otherwise.... That's about as good as it might get from me.

Too much to ask?

Reactions: bigsteel
E
eggs
Drew9870 said:
:lol: It's just so hilarious I can't even take you seriously, especially when you say, ''Carp suck" :lol::lol::lol: I could've said every word you were going to say for you just from what you have said in the past, I know that about you well enough....

If you were close minded, you wouldn't be catching Steelies, you just can't open your mind to see why we accept Carp as sport fish it seems.

:lol:

Don't get all negative nancy now Mr. Most Open Minded.

Sorry, but when you make such low blows buddy, your opinions become nonsense, obviously your ways mean nothing to me. ''I am one of the most open minded people'' HAHA.

I had to quote just in case you changed anything. lol.
Good idea... Drew I don't know you at all other than your hard on for carp.. you don't know me at all as I am serious about 5% of the time while in YOUR carp forum.... now time for the carp pics and joke to roll..

Be back later.. you should go have some fun and hook into one of those ugly fish..

E
eggs
Drew9870 said:
Too much to ask?

I never said it was big guy... damnit just opened my mind again..

I mean no no that is tooooo much to ask.. I shall tax you or ask you not to ask for so much..

Everyone can have an opinion.. it isn't always going to be in line with yours.. deal with.. I don't expect people to see thing my way all the time, you shouldn't either.

Ohh and look back I haven't said 1 bad thing since november about carp in YOUR forum.. I even said I would go bow carp hunting, just won't try to get any arrows back..

GOD I am always in this forum!

Last edited:
Reactions: bigsteel
B
bigsteel
Drew how was this thread even informative???????????you go on about getting a gun if you want to kill something,,did you shoot that catfish in your avatar??? 99.9% of fishermen disagree with you which is why you get these kind of replies,if you can't handle a discussion or others point of view then move on,you dont own the carp forum.I personally think you start these threads knowing exactly what reaction you will get....

please xplain how carp are GOOD for native fish?

W
waco
If you love carp soo much why dont just shut up and go fishing for carp!!!! I dont see any informative on this tread!!!!! whats the point of this????

Reactions: eggs
C
colbypearson
obviously there is some big debates to be had over carp, it sucks you like carp fishing so much and receive so much opposition but even i have realized bass in oregon 75%+ of the time are way out of place, over populated, under sized, and an overall neuscance it shouldnt be this way and things are way out of whack... to not realize that carp absolutely have zero place here is completely ignorant, if you can think of a few good reasons other than they are fun to target shoot, i honestly couldnt think of one, also people dont complain if a thread is never created in the first place i have found, i kinda stopped posting my oregon bass catches on specific threads just to keep the one guy of the bunch for flaming me over something stupid, saves me some time atleast i guess.... i love to bass fish and bass are a huge problem some places, i believe it can be kept in check, catch and release isn't always right, killing fish and leaving them on the bank is far worse in my book though, it sucks but its the truth we have some big problems with non native fish in oregon, but we have other problems too....carp are a problem now and it just goes back to really not having sufficient predators or enough people caring to keep the population down, i disagree with the people that hate carp they are a cool fish, fight pretty good always fun to reel in something big pretty much regardless of species... we need to keep the numbers under control and they sure dont need to be spread into any other waters i agree same with bass , things need to change stuff like this doesn't get resolved by bieng ignored.. i think we need to keep bass fisheries in oregon without a doubt they are a good thing to have around some or even most places but there is numerous places they really need not be and there is a lot of places where it is completely over populated with fish that shouldnt be there, not sure we can really change that all im saying is your fueling the fire in a war you can't win, fish for yourself for what you want to catch and let the cards fall where they may ( to an extent) carp wont ever be eradicated from oregon neither will bass and i think they are a pretty cool thing to have around both of them, carp really serve no purpose here in this state and shouldnt be here but they are a cool fascinating fish that is fun to target but thats about it..... sucks but just kinda how it goes...

Reactions: bigsteel, Throbbit _Shane, beaverfan and 2 others
B
Bad Tuna
Well Said Colby!

Reactions: Throbbit _Shane
brandon4455
brandon4455
Bad Tuna said:
And every adult spawner I kill prevents millions of eggs from ever being laid. Carp are not so populated that they are stunted. Willamette carp swim up tribs. There are carp in the little north santiam, but most native winters spawn from Mehama to Jefferson. Carp killing plants and warming up headwaters, think yamhill or marys river. That is detrimental to salmon. Were talking about carp, not a family member, Maybe you need a little perspective??? I don't think there is any need to get upset or defensive for or against carp. It's just a conversation.
pretty much every smaller to medium sized tribs of the willamette start out with slow warmer water with a lot of warmater species and higher up is where there is faster flowing water and the fish spawn and coldwater native species reside. when coho,steelhead and chinook go up these tribs they shoot through the warm water. carp have no effect on that. go ahead and look it up online. i have seen this firsthand in a boat. gone up many fo the tribs and they are all te same. idk why everytime a carp thread gets started you have to aggrivate drew. if i was in your situation i would stop. we are all friends here man.. when you are thinking about saying somthing you know for a fact will **** someone of it would be better if that stayed a thought and not text on a thread. i didn't know it was cool these days to mess with younger people about what kind of fish they prefer. -.-

Last edited:
C
colbypearson
brandon4455 said:
pretty much every smaller to medium sized tribs of the willamette start out with slow warmer water with a lot of warmater species and higher up is where the fish spawn and coldwater native species reside. when coho,steelhead and chinook go up these tribs they shoot through the warm water. carp have no effect on that. go ahead and look it up online. idk why everytime a carp thread gets started you have to aggrivate drew. if i was in your situation i would stop. we are all friends here man.. when you are thinking about saying somthing you know for a fact will **** someone of it would be better if that stayed a thought and not text on a thread.

i dont think this thread was intended for anything but to make a small scene, atleast it really brought relevance to a topic that had just about passed,just my .002 it was kindof uneccisay i mean carp in america c'mon... it sucks we all know that, its to bad. yea its been established we are beating a rotting horse its beyond dead at this point. no offense drew like i said it sucks just kind played out at this point.

Last edited:
Reactions: capblack
E
eggs
Damn Colby I can't rep you again..

Reactions: lilsalmon
O
OnTheFly
GungasUncle
GungasUncle
We can blame our ancestors, because they didn't like fishing for salmon, steelhead, or trout -- or they wanted to fill in waters devoid of fish life - or they just wanted something like "home" - so we have introductions of carp (which was a big game and food fish in europe), Brown Trout (another european introduction that won't get many people riled up, because after all, it's a trout), bass (which irritates the STS purists), Brookies (since the east coasters couldn't live without them? cutties and bows just didn't cut it?) Catfish were brought in as food and sport fish from the midwest...

ODFW still has a limited warm water stocking program. There's little point giving someone a ration of crap because of the fish they like to fish for. Some say carp have no benefit - I would say they do - as much benefit as any other fish in thewater. Some folks eat them, and some folks just like to fish for them. They're a source of recreation and food. What benefit do salmon or steelhead or trout provide, other than as a food source or source of fun for sport anglers? Why should I, or Drew, or anyone give a damn about "native" fish stocks, if we can't fish for them, eat them, or otherwise get enjoyment from them. Maybe Drew meant to stir the pot, maybe he didn't. Carp are here to stay - and while they might not be as pretty as trout, or salmon, or bass - they're here none the less, and they do provide a good sport fishery, and for some folks - an important food fishery.

B
bigsteel
cabelas gift card???????????????????

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
B
Bad Tuna
Here's how I see it, nobody's beating up on Drew because he likes carp. What he does that gets a few wound up is constantly shoving the idea that carp are a peaceful sportfish with no negative impacts to native fish or the environment down everyone elses throats.
Carp eat fish eggs, fry, insects, roots, muddy water, kill vegetation and warm water. All of these are facts, and have negative impacts on native fish. Are carp the silver bullet, no. Carp are found as high as big cliff dam, foster dam, and Dexter dam. Salmon and steelhead all spawn in those systems. Now they are in the Rogue. To say carp don't inhabit the same water as salmon and steelhead spawn is ignorant. This is all fact.
The state of Oregon prohibits the importation and release of carp in Oregon waters. That tells me that they realize what a negative impact they have. My opinion is that carp are not the worst factor on native fish, but they are not good. Compared to bass, at least bass are edible, have an economical benefit. Again, this is not to attack drew, as long as he's chasing carp, I don't have to compete with him tuna fishing. Lol. I, like most, have no respect for carp. Most introduced fish however harmful, have value to the overall human population, the same can't be said for carp. Love them or not, you really can't justify the need to have them in Oregon.

Reactions: capblack, OnTheFly and beaverfan
B
beaverfan
Bad Tuna said:
Here's how I see it, nobody's beating up on Drew because he likes carp. What he does that gets a few wound up is constantly shoving the idea that carp are a peaceful sportfish with no negative impacts to native fish or the environment down everyone elses throats.

Exactly!!!!

O
OnTheFly
brandon4455
brandon4455
Bad Tuna said:
Carp eat fish eggs, fry, insects, roots, muddy water, kill vegetation and warm water. All of these are facts, and have negative impacts on native fish. Are carp the silver bullet, no. Carp are found as high as big cliff dam, foster dam, and Dexter dam. Salmon and steelhead all spawn in those systems. Now they are in the Rogue. To say carp don't inhabit the same water as salmon and steelhead spawn is ignorant. This is all fact.
The state of Oregon prohibits the importation and release of carp in Oregon waters. That tells me that they realize what a negative impact they have. My opinion is that carp are not the worst factor on native fish, but they are not good. Compared to bass, at least bass are edible, have an economical benefit. Again, this is not to attack drew, as long as he's chasing carp, I don't have to compete with him tuna fishing. Lol. I, like most, have no respect for carp. Most introduced fish however harmful, have value to the overall human population, the same can't be said for carp. Love them or not, you really can't justify the need to have them in Oregon.

just because all of it MAY be true dosen't mean you have to keep beating it into his ****ing head i don't care how much you dislike carp. dosen't mean you have to go on and on and on in every god damn carp thread on this fishing forum. i don't even want to read carp threads anymore because of this ****.

E
eggs
brandon4455 said:
just because all of it MAY be true dosen't mean you have to keep beating it into his ****ing head i don't care how much you dislike carp. dosen't mean you have to go on and on and on in every god damn carp thread on this fishing forum. i don't even want to read carp threads anymore because of this ****.

Why would he even start this thread if he didn't want people to reply to it..?? It was addressed directly to people that have the opposite views as him, trying to "open their mind" or change their mind is more like it.. Starting the thread with a defensive post is going to get a rise out of people everytime and start a debate.

If he wanted to inform people about carp he should just start a fact thread not a justification thread.