Fishing Sunday(4/3)

troutdude
troutdude
It worked for me. It's a trick I learned from an article by Buzz Ramsey.

I'd be grateful, to know how well it works for you too. So, please let us know how you do.

N
noladude
Very cool, thanks for the worm tip (so to speak). We'll try that Friday weather permitting. Thanks for confirming that is a pretty decent spot, it looked great on the finder even though I didn't see any fish. Of course, at that depth, the cone isn't going to be very big at all and I'd have to be right on top of him to see 'em. Will report back next time we go out.

troutdude
troutdude
You're most welcome.

You may also want to cruise by the dam. We got some hits there last March (2010). There is also a road (dirt or gravel), that comes down to the lake near the outflow area. They were schooled up in there pretty thick too (in front of that road).

N
Noahk
troutdude said:
It worked for me. It's a trick I learned from an article by Buzz Ramsey.

I'd be grateful, to know how well it works for you too. So, please let us know how you do.
Sounds good. can you float the worm using this method too?

troutdude
troutdude
Some peeps use marshmellows on the hook first (i.e. "above" the hook and worm), to float it. Some use corkies (like when drifting for steelies). But you can also use a cheap pharmacy syringe and inject air bubbles too.

troutdude
troutdude
Heads up fellow OFFers...Hagg will receive a new stocking of 12,000 legal beagles this week!

troutdude
troutdude
Even more good news fellow fisherpeeps...I just confirmed w/ ODFW that Hagg was stocked as of 5:00 yesterday (Tuesday 4/5). So go n' get 'em!

N
noladude
That is good news, troutdude! Do you know where they dumped 'em in and how the fish behave after stocking? I'd imagine they tend to school pretty densely at first, then spread out.

N
Noahk
noladude said:
That is good news, troutdude! Do you know where they dumped 'em in and how the fish behave after stocking? I'd imagine they tend to school pretty densely at first, then spread out.
I know they dump a good amount of them, if not all of them, at boat ramp C. They should be close to shore moving up and down the shoreline. Just north or just south of the ramp should yeild good results. Get out there and find them!

troutdude
troutdude
Yep, they will bunch up at first. But, they have been in there for 2 days now. So, they will start spreading out some about now. I'd start around ramp C, like Noah suggested. If that doesn't work well, I'd also head over to ramp A. Maybe they dumped some in there too.

BTW, I cast n' retrieve a large brass colored Little Cleo spoon/wobbler...very slowly and deep along the bottom contour. I'd also try Lemon Lime Power Eggs OFF the bottom too.