Diamond Lake here we come!!

B
Bgunder
Well me and some buddies are heading up to D lake tomorrow to try our hand at ice fishing, we are gonna stay one or maybe two nights depending on the fishing.If anyone goes up there we will be the group of six with the gas powered ice auger.Wish us luck!I will post a report and hopefully some pics when I get back.

R
RoryONeal
Good luck. Last I read I think they said the ice was only 2 inches thick. Hopefully that changed.

F
fishing_mission
The ice is 4 inches but good luck me and my buddy are gonna head up next weekend.

troutdude
troutdude
Here is yesterday's information, from the resort's web site:

"Most angling effort is taking place during the weekend with an average of 2 trout per rod for a 4 hour trip out on the ice. The lake is covered by 4 inches of ice with 12 inches of compacted snow on top of it. Anglers should use extreme caution when venturing out on the lake. Snow shoes and a life jacket are not a bad idea."

jamisonace
jamisonace
Reports on ice are way off. Friends were just up there and said ice was much thicker than the reported 3". ATVs are venturing out so I assume its at least 8".

B
Bgunder
Yeah ice is a lot stronger then people think, it only takes a few inches to support a car, thats not saying that you want to over-estimate its strength but people were out on the ice fishing whenit was only a inch thick so I am not the least bit worried.I can't wait though its gonna be a blast!!!

S
steelhead1
Looking forward to the report!

O
OnTheDrop
Looking forward to the report as well. Good luck...Caught some beauties outta there. Lots of 20"+ in there.