Big.Mean.Fugly!

S
steelhead1
Hit the central coast today,and got a fish I wont soon forget. Didn't get a single take most of the morning,until I found some water that hadn't been flogged.Six casts and five fish hooked,only one landed.Three spit the hook,one broke off,and one took me for a ride. This mean old beast ran me down three sets of good sized falls,and ran up some of the most unbelievable currents with ease.After what felt like an hour,I finally got a look at him. I wasn't disappointed,but a little surprised that it wasn't a late 'nooker.This fish at least tied with my biggest steelhead to date! A quick pic and he was revived/released.My bud ended up with two clipped hens,one set free and one for the tag. Overall, the count for the day ended at 3/7:D

• DSC00448 (2).jpg
  • DSC00451 (3).jpg
  • DSC00401 (1).jpg
S
SteelyDan's
Nice buck. He is pretty ugly though lol. Well done.

S
Silvers&Steelies
Nice fish. Sounds like a good day of fishing.

Troutski
Troutski
Great Fish...

Great Fish...

Outstanding, thanks for the picture... I could tell it was you by the waders....:clap:

Chuck

B
billfisher
Sounds like a fun day!

B
bran_man
Yeah he is not the prettiest fish in the world, but man he is quite the toad and still a great fish! Glad to hear you did the right thing and let that guy swim another day.nice work!

S
Scott M
Nice Natural Buck!! He'll add well to the next stock. Nice Catch!

R
rippin fish lips
Nice colored up nate you got there

M
Montana
That's a beast, congrats!

E
eugene1
I'm gonna check every post that says fugly.

Beautiful fish, the colors, the kype, the size.

Thanks,

D
dtikey
great picture fish for sure right on man