Finally I caught one!!!

E
eleazar87
After months of reading fishing books and going out and trying, i finally landed one. I feel like unstoppable right now!!! Or until next time i go out. I would post a pic but i only have internet on my phone and can't upload from a mobile device.

Irishrover
Irishrover
That's great number one for you. So was it a native or hatchery fish, did it give you a good run? Don't need the river or location but what part of the state are you fishing. Here is hoping your next one comes soon.

E
eleazar87
It was a hatchery hen. Got some eggs as well ima try and cure. It wasn't much of a fight but it was exciting seeing my pole being slammed on the rocks. My buddys catch gave more of a fight. And it was on the trask river. First time there. Always fished the Wilson but no luck there since i got my first bait in October.

Reactions: Irishrover
P
plumb2fish
Way to go, you are ruined for life now if you are anything like me......I can sure think of worse obsessions though.

Irishrover
Irishrover
A hatchery hen with eggs that's a double score!! And your buddy landed one too. That's a good day.

S
Scott M
Congrats!! Two of my favorite rivers from my youth....Ahhh... the memories!!

S
Santiam338
Well,

there ain't nothing to do now except to go get another one...:dance:

E
eleazar87
how long can you keep the eggs in the fridge or can i freeze them?

S
Santiam338
If you are going to fish them in the next couple weeks the fridge is OK...If not,freeze them...Freezing don't seem to hurt them a bit..

E
eleazar87
Wats a good way to cure the eggs or does every one keep it secret?

R
RunWithSasquatch
eleazar87 said:
Wats a good way to cure the eggs or does every one keep it secret?

Use the search function on any fishing forum and you'll have enough info to write a 500 page book. Use google, and you could read for a year with out stopping.

Steelhead look for a borax based cure, if you're gonna save them for salmon find something with chemicals.

D
dtikey
RunWithSasquatch said:
Use the search function on any fishing forum and you'll have enough info to write a 500 page book. Use google, and you could read for a year with out stopping.

Steelhead look for a borax based cure, if you're gonna save them for salmon find something with chemicals.

exactely what jared said...for steelhead I use borax and jello and for salmon I use combanation of several things

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
:clap: