Old restaurant in Vida Oregon ( McKenzie River )

C
cobias
Im looking for the name of the restaurant right before you enter vida on the left hand side of the highway headed east. I should know it , we would go there in the 70's and even saw Bill Bixby ( Eddies Father /Hulk ) there once. Im looking for the 70's name. I think its called Bliss' now .

I called mckenzie valley chamber of commerce , they didn't know and i called Bliss' and no one answered .

Any info would be appreciated ! Thanks in advance !

hobster
hobster
The Vida Cafe? I know there are pictures in there of Bill Bixby, he went there a lot. Love that place.

18406ej
18406ej
The Vida Cafe is still there, I was a member of the McKenzie Rural Fire Dept years ago and I remember going up there to pump them out when something flooded the inside. Bliss' McKenzie Cafe is the other restaurant, but I cannot remember what it used to be.

For some reason I always found "The Courtship of Eddy's Father" to be kind of creepy when I was a boy. Mrs Livingston could also be a bit of a ***** when she was alone with Eddy.

Last edited:
C
cobias
18406ej said:
I believe it is/was the Vida Cafe. I was a member of the McKenzie Rural Fire Dept years ago and I remember going up there to pump them out when something flooded the inside.

For some reason I always found "The Courtship of Eddy's Father" to be kind of creepy when I was a boy. Mrs Livingston could also be a bit of a ***** when she was alone with Eddy.

No it wasn't the Vida cafe. I know that one well too. Home of the Mckenzie monster...i could have called them but i dint want to hassle them. Ill call the store tomorrow...Its crazy i can't find it.

I know it was called Alberts lodge before the 70's. Have a funny story involving Bill Bixby as a matter of fact and we need the 70's era name to publish it.

Thanx for the replies though..

18406ej
18406ej
I might be misunderstanding things, but it is the Vida Cafe that has Bill Bixby as their claim to fame...

C
cobias
18406ej said:
I might be misunderstanding things, but it is the Vida Cafe that has Bill Bixby as their claim to fame...

Yes his picture is in the Vida cafe' but the day we saw him (70's) was in the restaurant right before Vida on the left side of the highway. The store said it was the riverside inn which sounds real close. I have one more person to talk to if he says its riverside , ill go with that.

srayosyar
srayosyar
cobias said:
Im looking for the name of the restaurant right before you enter vida on the left hand side of the highway headed east. I should know it , we would go there in the 70's and even saw Bill Bixby ( Eddies Father /Hulk ) there once. Im looking for the 70's name. I think its called Bliss' now .

I called mckenzie valley chamber of commerce , they didn't know and i called Bliss' and no one answered .

Any info would be appreciated ! Thanks in advance !
It's the vida cafe, my parents owned it in the mid 70's Minnie and Al Studer

Sadly I lost my dad about 12 yrs ago and my mom passed away 2 yrs ago...She coined the Mackenzie monster Burger :) if i can find some old pictures i will gladly share them