1st sturgeon trip C&R style

S
Steelyfishn
I fished near OR City last Saturday we C & R'd 27 between 3 of us. Only saw 2 other boats too. It was my first time sturgeon fishing what a blast!!! not a lot of time for pics to busy baiting up and catchin, but I managed to get 1. My 1st Sturgeon 2012.jpg

This was definitely not the biggest we caught Saturday but from 20 inches on up they are a fun fish to catch.

J
jabs67
Sounds like a blast. Great job!!!!!! :cool:

S
steelhead_slayer
Dang! that is some good action

D
DYJ
We should get that guy we know that owns that Boulton to go out and do a C&R Sturgeon trip!!

bass
bass
Way to go! Sounds like a great day. How deep we're you fishing and how much lead did you need to hold bottom?

S
Steelyfishn
DYJ said:
We should get that guy we know that owns that Boulton to go out and do a C&R Sturgeon trip!!

I already started working on him :) I think he would be more likely to go on the Umpqua though...

S
Steelyfishn
bass said:
Way to go! Sounds like a great day. How deep we're you fishing and how much lead did you need to hold bottom?

We Fished in 70-80' with 8oz lead. The inside rod was only using 6 though. I preferred 8

bass
bass
Thanks a bunch. I am going to head out tomorrow, although I plan on trying the swan island area. I will report on how I do.