Clackamas river, Gladstone area

W
WillamiteNewbie
so i live in gladstone the river is like in my backyard, not literally. but its in walking distance and want to know if it would be a good time to fish that area. (by high rocks). not sure how people are doing will probably be my first time out since summer. been busy with wrestling and work lately. but have some time before i go to my girlfriends little sisters christmas concert. whats working? i wanted to maybe do a bobber and jig through there? or maybe just drift a spoon. really want to start learning steelhead fishing and just get after it. so any feedback will help me a lot. i'm trying to go sometime in the morning before noon. haha

R
rainORsnow1
It would benefit u to keep an eye on the river levels online. I have an app on my phone that lists most rivers all over the country. Also gives u turpididy(very important) and also forecasts the stream flow. I say this because this time of year with all the rain the river blows out a lot. As far as bait I use mostly corky and yarn. Sometimes pink worm and wooly buggers. I know a lot of guys use tiger prawns with jig. Plunking on the long streaches is also an option.Move around a lot and you'll find holes. Hope this helps. Good luck!

T
TeamRamRod
Poop. That is all.

R
rainORsnow1
Poopy water? I bet. Ha!

S
Silvers&Steelies
I tried fishing the Clackamas yesterday but it was too high and fast. Visibility wasn't good either. Tried bobber with eggs, spinners, and yarn balls with no luck. I think plunking would have been best from the bank but I wasn't geared up for it. I also drove up to Barton to check it out and was faster than Riverside park and the mouth. Saw a few boats using plugs but no luck either. I'm going to wait for the river to go down before I try the clackamas again.