Mag lippin'

O
OnTheDrop
First OFF, I freakin' love the mag lips... Such a nice plug. Well this week I didn't get out as much as planned but the few trips I took were very satisying.. Ran the clack friday a little further down than I wanted to. I figured there was a lot of action above Carver/Barton area..especially all you sled dudes:rolleyes:.. My goal for the day was to get my fishing partner into his first steel. Pulling plugs was the name of the game so it was really up to me to make this happen...A few of my go to slots weren't there due to rivers changing and water levels but we found some other good runs in some very unexpected places. Only saw 2 other boats this whole drift and neither had touched a fish.. I warned my buddy it was going to be a long day and we were going to have to work very hard for a few fish because they just aren't there in numbers yet...About an hour in we get what was the most epic take down i've witnessed. The pole was slamming all the way to the water just ripping out line..and wasn't stopping. We had no where to land this fish but somehow managed to get to the bank finding out it was a native...Oh well! Mission complete for the day. My buddys first steel. We were feeling great after that and anything now would just be a bonus. Well the bonus never came and I rowed my a** off for another 5 hours. We had one takedown after but didn't stick. All in all a great day out on the drifter in my home waters...That is probably the last time I will be out prior to my operation on monday.. I'll be back out again hopefully in Feb. and now since my buddy and I are gunna be running the drifter the fish ratio is going to go up for sure. Good things are about to come in 2013...

Just wanted to share a little bit and wish everyone a merry christmas and a great new year. I probably wont be on here much these next several weeks due to me not wanting to drool over your guys pictures...:lol: Tight lines to all.

IMG951911.jpg

Reactions: Admin
T
troutmasta
Here's to a quick recovery Tanner! Cheers! Come on over and I'll treat you to some of mother nature's finest painkiller!

T
Throbbit _Shane
way to go on getting your buddy into his first Steelhead!

S
steelhead_slayer
sweet

W
waco
Nice fish you guys got there! Hope everything goes well with you and go back to fishing soon!

H
halibuthitman
good luck with your surgery.. and merry christmas to you as well-

jamisonace
jamisonace
Great report and well done getting your buddy his first steelhead. Best wishes with your surgery.

S
Silvers&Steelies
Nice catch. Good to see more fish in the Clackamas. Talked to a guy at fishermans and he said more people are catching them. I will probably hit it as much as I can this season. Good luck with your surgery and hopefully you will be back in time for springers.

O
OnTheDrop
Thanks everyone! The fish def. aren't there in numbers yet but a few are to be had thats for sure..Looks like I'm going to have one more crack at it tomorrow after all... Tight lines!

F
Fish-N-Chips
Nice one buddy:D Clack has been looking sweet lately. Found a new bank spot to me the other day that looks just tasy, but no takers after a few hours. Saw the sleds ripping up and down the river though!! Nice job and great report. I wish you a speedy recovery and many more fish in 2013. Happy New Year and Merry Christmas Steelmonkiller