Pontoon newbie needs help!!!

W
WillamiteNewbie
so i'm looking into getting myself a pontoon. nothing for floating a river, i don't think more for lakes. this year i'm gonna do steelhead fishing but the pontoon would be for lakes such as harriet or maybe north fork. just to get out on the water. i bought myself a little $25 dollar raft/boat at freddys this last summer me and my friend went to harriet in it. lets just say it was too close for comfort. caught fish, had a good time but by the end of the day your knees are shot and back is hurting. so really want something more comfortable for myself. i've been looking online i saw this creek company 8 footer for 190. will this be good enough or should i look for a different one? again this will be for occasional lake visits. i have a car, can i load this on the roof? i'm a newb and need advice.

W
wozniasm
I have a Creek Co. 9 footer for the last three years and love it. I also just use it for lakes and ponds.
That's a good price and I'd recommend it.
As far as loading it on top of your car, it's do-able as long as you really tie it on. Don't want it floating OFF on the highway.
You can also break it down into sections for your car and inflate it at the lake.

Don't forget to add an anchor system later on.

If you want, I live in Wilsonville and if you want to stop by Saturday and see if the frame I have will fit in your car, PM me.

Last edited:
T
Throbbit _Shane
That's a good boat and at a good price!

If you only use it for lakes and ponds its hard to beat!!!

J
JeannaJigs
Creek co makes good affordable pontoons. I have had an 8 footer that I used quite a bit before getting a drift boat. They will handle any coastal river with ease.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I had that exact pontoon and didn't hesitate to take it through some fairly decent rapids...Burkhart...on the North Umpqua. I sold mine for $50 at a garage sale.

JeannaJigs said:
Creek co makes good affordable pontoons. I have had an 8 footer that I used quite a bit before getting a drift boat. They will handle any coastal river with ease.

T
Throbbit _Shane
jamisonace said:
I had that exact pontoon and didn't hesitate to take it through some fairly decent rapids...Burkhart...on the North Umpqua. I sold mine for $50 at a garage sale.

How did you like going down the river in the pontoon?

V
veilside180sx
CC stuff is usually short lived if used much on rivers. The frames just aren't meant for the bending a twisting it puts on it...same goes for the pontoons frankly.

For a lake...I don't have any issues with them though or very mild river.