Does anyone know OFF member Freeday?

troutdude
troutdude
Hey OFFers, maybe you can help.

Last weekend, I was contacted by two folks who are heavily involved w/ the highly respected "Fishing in Oregon". In fact, one of those peeps is the publisher. There is a NEW edition, set to be on store shelves next Spring.

Now, here's the deal...we are trying to get her connected to fellow OFF member "Freeday". Why? Because she wants to PUBLISH a pic, that Freeday posted on OFF!

I sent a PM, to Freeday several days ago. Alas, I have not yet gotten a reply. So, can anyone help us get connected w/ Freeday? If so, please send a PM to me...with contact information if you can (phone number, email address, etc). If you have any allusions, to giving me/us that information...then just send me a PM. I'll send you my phone number, so you can call me.

Can anyone help?

Thank you.

TD

Reactions: Troutski
T
todd_brooks
Wasn't there a thread some where here, where she (the publisher) chimed in about looking for photos for the new addition? I can't seem to find it with a search it would have been several months ago. I'd love to know if their looking for any other photos and what kind their in need of.

troutdude
troutdude
Maybe, but I don't think she is a OFF member. But, the admin for the site "Best Fishing in Oregon" may have chimed in.

We have both asked the publisher, if she would like to start a "pics for her book" thread. So far, she has not said yes.

However, we'll keep you posted. I'd LOVE to see several OFFers have their pics published!

T
todd_brooks
I found it. She didn't reply but I fouond her E-mail and sent one to her inquring about her need for photos. This was her reply as follows. I'm hoping I might have something she can use or maybe one of you do. Good luck.

Hi Todd,
Right now I'm especially anxious to find a photo of fishing activity associated with Alsea River or Bay. It will be the first photo in the book, and I'd like to be a good one! I'm also still hoping to fill the following photo "holes":

Elk River, Rogue River half-pounders, Applegate River or Reservoir, SW coast offshore fishing activity, Crane Prairie, high lakes fishing in the Cascade lake basins (Marion Lake basin, Olallie Lake basin, Mink Lake basin), Davis Lake, Hosmer Lake, Metolius, Wickiup, Lava Lake, Twin Lakes, Klamath River, Phillips Reservoir, Mann Lake, Chickahominy, Diamond Lake. Fishing activity may be a hero shot (preferably with some background that establishes where the fish was caught), fishing from a boat or personal craft (I'm short on personal craft so far--float tubes and personal pontoons), or bank fishing. I'd also consider "camp" shots and camp cooking photos (especially if fish is on the menu).

Happy to look at what you've got. Send high quality jpg files as email attachments (4 per email seems to work fine). You're welcome to share this list with other folks. I am getting down to the wire (photos to my layout artist within two weeks).

Thanks. Glad you got in touch,

Maddy

T
Throbbit _Shane
What's her email address? Ill send some photos over.

W
waco
Can we get her e mail address or we post the pics here!?

Troutski
Troutski
Lets slow down just a bit, leave it to Freeday to contact us; not a good idea to publish someones e-mail on the net without permission. Shoot her a PM and let her do the contacting; it is the right thing to do...

Chuck

T
Throbbit _Shane
Troutski said:
Lets slow down just a bit, leave it to Freeday to contact us; not a good idea to publish someones e-mail on the net without permission. Shoot her a PM and let her do the contacting; it is the right thing to do...

Chuck

We were asking for the email of Maddy who is publishing the book and is asking for photos.

jamisonace
jamisonace
I sent her some great pics of Elk River but never heard back. I wonder if she got them or maybe they just weren't what she was looking for.

todd_brooks said:
I found it. She didn't reply but I fouond her E-mail and sent one to her inquring about her need for photos. This was her reply as follows. I'm hoping I might have something she can use or maybe one of you do. Good luck.

Hi Todd,
Right now I'm especially anxious to find a photo of fishing activity associated with Alsea River or Bay. It will be the first photo in the book, and I'd like to be a good one! I'm also still hoping to fill the following photo "holes":

Elk River, Rogue River half-pounders, Applegate River or Reservoir, SW coast offshore fishing activity, Crane Prairie, high lakes fishing in the Cascade lake basins (Marion Lake basin, Olallie Lake basin, Mink Lake basin), Davis Lake, Hosmer Lake, Metolius, Wickiup, Lava Lake, Twin Lakes, Klamath River, Phillips Reservoir, Mann Lake, Chickahominy, Diamond Lake. Fishing activity may be a hero shot (preferably with some background that establishes where the fish was caught), fishing from a boat or personal craft (I'm short on personal craft so far--float tubes and personal pontoons), or bank fishing. I'd also consider "camp" shots and camp cooking photos (especially if fish is on the menu).

Happy to look at what you've got. Send high quality jpg files as email attachments (4 per email seems to work fine). You're welcome to share this list with other folks. I am getting down to the wire (photos to my layout artist within two weeks).

Thanks. Glad you got in touch,

Maddy

troutdude
troutdude
For the record: I wasn't asking anyone to post private contact information, on a public forum. (And I don't think you were aiming at me, in any way, Chuck...thanks for your post).

What I was asking is this:

If anyone knows Freeday, send me a PM on here. I'll reply, and send you my phone number. Then, you can pass my personal number along to Freeday. Then, if Freeday is interested, he can call me direct.

That way, NO one will have any personal information...except the 2 OFFers that have my personal phone number. I would only ask that neither of them, post my number on here (or anywhere else). And if Freeday calls me...I'll work on the DL, to connect him to the publisher. Everything will be kept confidential.

Sound good?

Last edited:
Troutski
Troutski
troutdude said:
For the record: I wasn't asking anyone to post private contact information, on a public forum. (And I don't think you were aiming at me, in any way, Chuck...thanks for your post).

What I was asking is this:

If anyone knows Freeday, send me a PM on here. I'll reply, and send you my phone number. Then, you can pass my personal number along to Freeday. Then, if Freeday is interested, he can call me direct.

That way, NO one will have any personal information...except the 2 OFFers that have my personal phone number. I would only ask that neither of them, post my number on here (or anywhere else). And if Freeday calls me...I'll work on the DL, to connect him to the publisher. Everything will be kept confidential.

Sound good?

Thank you so very much for understanding... It is members like you that keep this forum on track and beyond reproach.
Again Thanks....

Chuck

troutdude
troutdude
Thanks Chuck. We also appreciate, all of your efforts to keep this site a great one!