Would you fish coastal rivers or tidewater Tues?

F
fisch
I have 1/2 day off tomorrow and I see the water is already dropping on Nestucca/Wilson, etc. Not sure if I should try rivers higher up(depending on water clarity) or head strait to some tidewater where I had good success last week? What do you think?

T
Thuggin4Life
I would say tidewater is dying out if not mostly dead so try up higher a bit. better yet buy an open seat for a guide trip to siltcoos on my boat.

L
luv2fish
wilson, trask or any other coastal river in that zone won't be good before wed or thursday....river levels were quite high and considering the rain is gonna taper off for atleast couple days..i believe the above said days will be fine and especially tidewater as my guess is that most of darkies will move up river....i'm heading on wednesday.

T
Thuggin4Life
Guess i didn't read it all the way. most of the coastal rivers and streams will be greatly affected by the rain and be up considerable. some more than others.

H
halibuthitman
The wilson will be fishable up high by noon tommorow... and perfect spinner water by the next morning.

D
Drew9870
Thuggin4Life said:
I would say tidewater is dying out if not mostly dead so try up higher a bit. better yet buy an open seat for a guide trip to siltcoos on my boat.

I thought you had to know how to catch fish to be a guide :lol:.

L
luv2fish
wilson is above 6 feet today and it fishes best between 4-6 feet ..it might be fishable tommorow but my doubts are more inclined with all the nuisance inculding leaves and what not...if you just want to get your line wet..do it... who knows the fish gods might be smilin...its fishing:D

T
Thuggin4Life
Drew9870 said:
I thought you had to know how to catch fish to be a guide :lol:.

Well i would have to say that i have decent succes in my pursuits of fish. and the wording of guide could also be compaired to captian.

F
fisch
WOW didn't expect that many useful replies. I know wed/thu/fri is better but I only have tomorrow 1/2 a day. I guess I'll head to tidewater from what I'm reading. Hoping for some travelling fish getting the LAST snack before it enters the river. Thanks again all productive info for me (and I hope some other readers).

B
Born2Fish55
Necanicum and North Fork should clear up if the rain dies down a little... and enough leaves got flushed out!

F
FishFinger
Thuggin4Life said:
Well i would have to say that i have decent succes in my pursuits of fish. and the wording of guide could also be compaired to captian.

Could marry someone on your boat? Captain? < insert love boat theme>

F
FishFinger
Born2Fish55 said:
Necanicum and North Fork should clear up if the rain dies down a little... and enough leaves got flushed out!

I just heard they are not in good shape w/ more rain yet to come. thurs... fri maybe

T
Thuggin4Life
FishFinger said:
Could marry someone on your boat? Captain? < insert love boat theme>
?before my time?

S
SantiamDrifter
The nestucca didn't fully blow out unlike the northern rivers. It should be fishable tomorrow but only in the river. That rough ocean will keep the fish from coming into the bay until the ocean calms down. Sad thing is you can't fish higher then farmers which isn't that high at all. But you could give 3rivers a shot. It should look the best.

G
GMR
Im planning on hitting the Wilson early tomorro morning to see how it looks.
Might go up a bit tonight as well.

L
luv2fish
I postponed my plans till thursday and thats when i'm hittin the "hole"...;)

F
fisch
Wilson is fish-able all the way. 3-4ft vis with no leaves higher up and brownish/green (foot vis.) lower. I decided to go to trask tidewater and I saw some fish in there but no biters. Maybe next time.

C
Coho Kid
Thanks for the report man, appreciate the update.

R
rippin fish lips
Thuggin4Life said:

and i have seen pictures too!!