Thread: lakes on hwy 26... anyone been yet? (lost lake, bloom lake)

lakes on hwy 26... anyone been yet? (lost lake, bloom lake)

SO I went fishing yesterday morning at lost lake (milepost 20 on hwy 26). Caught 4 stocker trout with my brother. ODF stocks lost lake.

There is another lake near lost lake called bloom lake, and it is even smaller than lost lake. Has anyone ever fished here? I was considering trying. I don't know if you can though. I can't find any info on it.

Quote Originally Posted by nemo View Post
    SO I went fishing yesterday morning at lost lake (milepost 20 on hwy 26). Caught 4 stocker trout with my brother. ODF stocks lost lake.

There is another lake near lost lake called bloom lake, and it is even smaller than lost lake. Has anyone ever fished here? I was considering trying. I don't know if you can though. I can't find any info on it.
    Lakes, rivers and stream etc. that aren't listed in the synopsis fall under the general state regulations for fishing.
    Ron

Fishin's My Thing!:dance:But racing comes in a close second!!!:cool:

I have fished it, there is mostly 8 inchers not much bigger then that I would recommend you bring a fly rod if you got one or black or brown spinner.

how far is this place from corvallis?
    (something witty)

V.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by fishudedmeet View Post
    how far is this place from corvallis?
    Very, Very, Very far, 4 hours minimum. First you have to go up I-5 for 2 hours, then to highway 26 for a hour and a half, then on these weird unnamed roads for a long time... I would not reccomend it unless you want to get LOST... heh heh... Hence the name lost lake. Lots of trout there though, rainbows, some browns, and some kokes i think. Bring your mosquito and bee patters, boy are there a lot of bees and skeeters there, dad got stung by one... hexaginias too are there, but not at this time of the year, and powerbait always catches stockers.

V.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by FishSchooler View Post
    Very, Very, Very far, 4 hours minimum. First you have to go up I-5 for 2 hours, then to highway 26 for a hour and a half, then on these weird unnamed roads for a long time... I would not reccomend it unless you want to get LOST... heh heh... Hence the name lost lake. Lots of trout there though, rainbows, some browns, and some kokes ....
    Most of that is also pretty accurate as far as the one in the Nehalem watershed as well, up until the part about kokanee and browns.

Hidden Lake...

Very, Very, Very far, 4 hours minimum. First you have to go up I-5 for 2 hours, then to highway 26 for a hour and a half, then on these weird unnamed roads for a long time... I would not reccomend it unless you want to get LOST... heh heh... Hence the name lost lake. Lots of trout there though, rainbows, some browns, and some kokes i think. Bring your mosquito and bee patters, boy are there a lot of bees and skeeters there, dad got stung by one... hexaginias too are there, but not at this time of the year, and powerbait always catches stockers.
    We have one of those lakes down here, it's name is apply so; Hidden Lake. Very tough to find but when one does and you finish the hike in...the Brook Trout and Cutthroat fishery is magnificent. Very pristine, it is hidden in the French Pete Wilderness area....the stream that runs out of the lake is a tributary of the South Fork of the McKenzie river drainage. No boat ramp so it is either banking it or carry a float tube...beautiful place. Like you said though unless you know where to go you will get lost....funny about these places..no trash on the shore line :dance: :clap: :cool:

Chuck
    Practice C.P.R.
    (catch, photograph, release)

I was at Bloom over labor day weekend and caught 5 fish in about an hour and a half of fishing none of them were over 9 inches. But it is fun with a ultra light. Just google bloom lake and lost lake to find them it is not hard to get there only a couple turns off of hwy 26 but it is ways up there. From Corvallis I would also have to also say about 4+ hrs. So if you go up there you just better make a weekend out of it or it will be a waste of time. Oh there is a 1.5 mile trail from hwy 26 up to bloom lake it is a easy walk. I am not sure what mile marker it is at.

V.I.P.
    Someone at the lake said they have caught a kokes and browns before in the lake... unless I misheard...

They are full of it. The only fish are stocked rainbows and the occasional brood trout. I have been there enough times to know who said must of been thinking of the lost lake by mt hood.

V.I.P.
    Someone at the lake said they have caught a kokes and browns before in the lake... unless I misheard...
    You neither misheard nor were they pulling your leg, they probably were just talking about the Lost Lake in the Mt. Hood Wilderness.

V.I.P.
    I'm lost... :think::confused:

Fishing in Willamette Zone
Fishing in Northwest Oregon
Fishing in Southwest Oregon
Fishing in Central Oregon
Fishing in Northeast Oregon
Fishing in Southeast Oregon
Salt Water Fishing in Oregon
Fishing outside Oregon
Steelhead Fishing in Oregon
Salmon Fishing in Oregon