75 minutes = 1 steelhead

C
ChezJfrey
Knock 'em dead kid!

I told my wife I would be around in the morning, so didn't have a lot of time, but wanted to get out for a bit...

Fished up/down first hole with nothing. But, up ahead, the head of a riffle, after a tailout was looking pretty good given the emerging light. Cast just above it, in about 3 feet of water and let the spoon drift down in...felt like a hangup on a rock, but we know rule #1: shoot first, ask questions later. Gave a sharp snap toward the dowriver bank side and fish on!

Another summer and already home :)

2012-07-14_06-28-41_44.jpg

Reactions: C_Run, cowboysfan and wozniasm
B
bran_man
nice! I always like to do "one and done's" ha ha

C
cowboysfan
nice fish! nice to not have to try and get the fish when your up against the clock to be somewhere

D
dtikey
Killing em on the hardwear awsome man good job

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Wow! That's darn near an "insta-fish"...:lol:

C_Run
C_Run
Cool. How many does that make for the year now? I remember you started off slow and then kind of caught fire. It's mainly spoons, still?

C
ChezJfrey
C_Run said:
Cool. How many does that make for the year now? I remember you started off slow and then kind of caught fire. It's mainly spoons, still?

Slow? I caught zero last year...the whole 12 months! LOL Around February this year, I caught my first and after that, my steelheading made a major turnaround.

Yeah, I'm at something like 24 or 25 hooked this year and 15 landed. All but two of the hookups were on spoons, the other two were spinners.

B
bran_man
Hardware hucker! Ha ha. I've been really into throwing spinners lately myself! Last 4 in a row actually were on spinners. Lots of fun when they whack em and your pole just stops! :D you're starting to get up there! Keep it up!

R
rippin fish lips
ChezJfrey said:
Slow? I caught zero last year...the whole 12 months! LOL Around February this year, I caught my first and after that, my steelheading made a major turnaround.

Yeah, I'm at something like 24 or 25 hooked this year and 15 landed. All but two of the hookups were on spoons, the other two were spinners.

Well let me tell you this, That is one pretty fish. Spoon fishing for steelhead is IMO the funnest way to catch steelhead. Keep up the good work, and your numbers are pretty close to what mine were last year your doin good!

I see your rockin the Okuma SST, Fun rod.

H
halibuthitman
definitely heading into ninja status.. great job-

T
Throbbit _Shane
Very nice!! Spoons FTW!

C
ChezJfrey
bran_man said:
Hardware hucker! Ha ha. I've been really into throwing spinners lately myself! Last 4 in a row actually were on spinners. Lots of fun when they whack em and your pole just stops! :D you're starting to get up there! Keep it up!

I suppose to be truthful, I fished the entire first hole by drifting corkie and yarn. I got through it losing lead twice. After losing pencil lead #2, I bailed on the idea, eyed the riffle for spoon worthy and this fish was the 2nd cast with the spoon. Hardware hucker I be :)

B
BobbiDollPDX
It's been a lot of fun watching you not only learn but also get so freaking good at steelheading.

J
JeannaJigs
Most excellent fish!

R
rippin fish lips