Breitenbush: the secrets?

R
Rascal
Hey yall,

Im going to be camping along the breitenbush river for a few days, and I was just wondering if anybody knew some good spots for some wild or stockers who have been hanging around awhile. Thanks !

btw just noticed the secrets typo lol

Last edited:
W
waco
Good luck man!I hope you do well!! I never heard of that river before! :rolleyes:

M
mastercaster
I have fished it on and off over the years . Crystal clear water access is tough due to terrain . You can catch fish there but think of it as hunting nice and sneaky . Carefull not to throw your shadow on the water . Good luck

L
lilsalmon
Rascal said:
Hey yall,

Im going to be camping along the breitenbush river for a few days, and I was just wondering if anybody knew some good spots for some wild or stockers who have been hanging around awhile. Thanks !

We have fished there a lot. Went up there and to the upper Santiam last week. It was still a bit high but should be better now. It is a bit tougher to fish but I have caught a few nice fishes there. And camping is free along the river. Sending PM.

R
Rascal
thanks guys!

Last edited:
S
steelhead1
I have done very well up there "flying" woolie boogers through the seams and pocket water. Look for places that are hard to access from the road,and plan on gettin' wet!

R
Rascal
waco said:
Good luck man!I hope you do well!! I never heard of that river before! :rolleyes:
It is a small river down south a ways, and good to hear from you it has been awhile...

T
tonym
Fireballs on a floating jig head with a small shot or two a foot up. Cast upstream and let it float down. Deadly:mad: