Cormerants

G
grampa ron
I think anyone can fly a kite , or maybe helium filled ballons, at the pond. I know the birds would not like it. Also anyone could send an inner tube out on the water with a line attached to bring it back. It's clear than anything strange makes the birds leave the water.

T
TTFishon
I bet a paintball gun would work.

A
Anyfishisfine
O
OnTheFly
TTFishon said:
I bet a paintball gun would work.
And a lot more fun!

D
Drew9870
I used to carry a Daisy CO2 BB pistol and cap the ducks that would eat my bread while I surface fished for Carp, I didn't intend on killing anything, the bbs just bounce off, but it gives the birds the idea.

It is dangerous considering the bb's skip across the water, always know what is beyond your target.

brandon4455
brandon4455
i like drews idea, or what i do with birds and seals, i cast a size 5 blue fox at them numerous times until they leave usually first cast

B
beaverfan
LOL while all of these ideas probably work unfortunately they are all illegal. Harrassment of wildlife will get you a ticket everytime! I agree something needs to be done about the cormorants in some locations but ODFW isn't likely going to do anything about them at hatchery stocked ponds as they would rather have them there than other locations where native fish reside.

T
Thuggin4Life
hat happened to the rc you were using. wasn't it a boat or a heli.

G
grampa ron
It's boat. I will be using it again. But it only lasts 15 min. and it can get caught in the brush. I would hate to not be able to retrieve it.

G
grampa ron
That is not quite true. ODFW bought me an RC boat and gave me a permit to us eit at JC Pond. They don't like the birds anymore than the fisherman. They didn't spend all the time (money) and effort just to feed an uncontrolled population of birds. The actually pay a guy to run a jet ski on the Columbia to harass the birds.

F
fishkiller
A pipe bomb? Just kidding or not.

G
GDBrown
How about a little catch and release..... Cormorant with neck ring?

X
Xanthine
Why not just get ODFW to allow the hunting of cormerants

X
Xanthine
Xanthine said:
Why not just get ODFW to allow the hunting of cormerants

Not that I would eat the thing

T
the_intimidator03
well actually talked wtih the OP the other day while fishing and i am thinking when i get my float tube ill take it out there to try and get them to leave LOL