What is up with this creek?

Y
youngbuck307
No it's to cold falling as snow futher up the hill I think so that's stopping it to. Maybe we will get the rain they call for tonigh.

O
OnTheDrop
haha thanks! yeah i just started a job. Its gunna be hard , cutting into my fishing time : ( But i dont usually fish up that high ever. I usually fish between the mouth and eagle fern. Yeah the creek is bout to go up about 3.5 ft they are predicting. Should be jam packed with fish after the drop. can't wait : )

M
metalfisher76
youngbuck307 said:
No it's to cold falling as snow futher up the hill I think so that's stopping it to. Maybe we will get the rain they call for tonigh.

That`s what I thought... I read yer 1st post wrong:)) The snow levels droppin by the minute. Doesn`t help....

G
Growbug
I think i got it worked out this year.
I have been hitting and studying a specific stretch of 3/4 mile. Been out there a few times and am getting to the point that I am starting to know which parts will most likely be fishable, getting to know each boulder as a separate entity, etc
I dont think my skunk will last if i keep putting in the time and studying where the feeshes live.

F
firewalker
can you walk into the upper falls area? or is it owned by the Oregon fishing club?

the streatch above the falls is very good...................

F
Flymstr
You all crack me up!!!!!

M
metalfisher76
She`s gonna be high. This is good. Every river went strait up!

"You all crack me up!!!!!"
want to play darts?:lol::D:)

Now THAT`S funny:cool:

A
alm21
I've been floating jigs but I think I may try down sizing from 1/8 to 1/16. It's good to see people talking about the creek.

M
markasd
that creek is a blast... fishes around as well. go up to the hatchery - park with the other pack of cars on the corner, hike down stream about 20 minutes and fish on brotha!!

Nice pic up there too - dude know his waders.

mark

M
Modest_Man
Are there spots to throw spinners on Eagle Creek? I've been to Bonnie Lure once. I'm thinking of heading farther up tomorrow and exploring but I have no idea where to go and mostly (99%) throw spinners...

M
metalfisher76
I don`t know if Id call spinner friendly water. But I used to get `em spinners up `er. Just scout around, it`s up a touch so there`ll be more spinner spots today than tomorrow:)

F
Flymstr
alm21 said:
I believe there are fish in it, I just don't believe there are many of them. This creek kicks my butt everytime. I haven't been fishing it long so I realize there's a lot for me to learn/understand about the runs on this system. Nor have I been fishing for steelhead for long so add that to the learning curve. However, I haven't been coming across too many people who have been catching fish at EC. So what's up? For those who know this system, how would you summarize the fishing out there right now? Typical? Unusual? Curious, not looking for secrets or the "magic sauce".

THis is absolutely normal. enough said.

F
Flymstr
bigsteel said:
the master of roll cast has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah this is good stuff.

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
Flymstr said:
Master??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Interesting, wonder where he learned it. Things that make you go HMMMMMM

hehehehe,you guys are both slayers

brandon4455
brandon4455
i think,since EC is relalatively small from photos i have seen i would downsize your spinners a size or two and it would be fine

M
metalfisher76
Flymstr said:
Master??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Interesting, wonder where he learned it. Things that make you go HMMMMMM

:cool: I was roll casting that thing before I met you buddy:) You showed me a deadly mend, mentioned I needed some help in the traditional fly casting(no weight) sense and plenty of other stuff, not the roll bro! I was fishing, and catchin fish before we met ya know:D:rolleyes::cool: Did my catch rate go up the last few years? Absolutely, said it before and I`ll say as many times as you need me too bro:D Now lets go catch some feesh!!

Sometimes your memory makes me go HMMMMMM:lol:

S
skunk
Hit it hard the last two days. Nada, :(, o weel.

A
alm21
I went out with MetalFisher76 for a guided trip on EC. Damon was really helpful and showed my some great things to tune my approach. Although we didn't have any hookups, I feel a lot more confident about fishing small streams. I won't share his tips but would suggest hiring him to find out for yourself, well worth it! (GroundnPoundSteelheader.com)

O
OnTheDrop
no fish with metalfisher? Thats odd. hooked 33 steelhead up there in the past two weeks.. im down to guide you? ha ha ha

A
alm21
SteelmonKiller20 said:
no fish with metalfisher? Thats odd. hooked 33 steelhead up there in the past two weeks.. im down to guide you? ha ha ha

Might be because of the smell of skunk I've been carrying around. I'm just bad juju ;)