What fly lines

brandon4455
brandon4455
Markcanby said:
For the price an the quality I really like the Rio lines.

so..the rio floating line im getting is decent quality and not a p-o-s that won't cast or anything?

M
Markcanby
Not at all. What type is it?

brandon4455
brandon4455
it just says rio floating line,, it's orange

brandon4455
brandon4455
let me try to find it.

E
Eastcoastborn
Royal wulff line (triangle taper) is hands down the best line. I also like the RIO products... Cortland never did anything for me...

M
Markcanby
I have Cortland on my 3wt. Its OK But I prefer the Rio's

brandon4455
brandon4455
okay heres another question... what lb test flurocarbon is best for a leader when fly fishing for steelhead?

E
everett464
brandon4455 said:
okay heres another question... what lb test flurocarbon is best for a leader when fly fishing for steelhead?

I usually use an 8#, but just use mono, because it holds knots better. Some folks swear by the flouro.

brandon4455
brandon4455

H
halibuthitman
scientific angler mastery lines. every line mentioned here is good line, every rod and action fires any given line differently, there is no "one" line.. some lines turn heavy flies better, some deliver very subtle landings some roll cast sweet and some are tough.. some cast a few grains heavier some lighter.. the rod you told me you were gonna get would do fine with a 444 in one line size larger.. and steelhead fishing in small water can really tax a line... so using triangle to dredge glowbugs is not my idea if inteligence.. but using a $25 dollar line to cast on a spring creek might hinder you some... I dry fish with triangle and I have cheap line for small river steelhead and sometimes I use full sink lines in big rivers and guys just look at me like im green.... then I catch a fish... and they say, what a lucky moron.... then I catch another, and they say beginers get all the fish.. then I catch another and they want to look at my rig.... line doesn't make the angler.. but it can help-

O
OnTheFly
halibuthitman said:
and sometimes I use full sink lines in big rivers and guys just look at me like im green.... then I catch a fish... and they say, what a lucky moron.... then I catch another, and they say beginers get all the fish.. then I catch another and they want to look at my rig....

A lot of good info and different opinions but the above quote cracked me up the most!:lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
scientific angler mastery lines. every line mentioned here is good line, every rod and action fires any given line differently, there is no "one" line.. some lines turn heavy flies better, some deliver very subtle landings some roll cast sweet and some are tough.. some cast a few grains heavier some lighter.. the rod you told me you were gonna get would do fine with a 444 in one line size larger.. and steelhead fishing in small water can really tax a line... so using triangle to dredge glowbugs is not my idea if inteligence.. but using a $25 dollar line to cast on a spring creek might hinder you some... I dry fish with triangle and I have cheap line for small river steelhead and sometimes I use full sink lines in big rivers and guys just look at me like im green.... then I catch a fish... and they say, what a lucky moron.... then I catch another, and they say beginers get all the fish.. then I catch another and they want to look at my rig.... line doesn't make the angler.. but it can help-

brad,your awesome.. lol