7/7 today in 1 hour

K
Kevinb5688
I hit the river today alone ( my fishing buddy had to work) and it was an epic day. First cast fish on, landed, bonked, bright chrome hen. 5 minutes later bobber down fish landed, another bright hen, released for someone else to catch. Picked up the spinner rod 10 or
So cast later another fish, a big slightly red buck. Released in the water. Went back to the bobber and bead setup and wham, another bright hen. Let her go, started getting dirty looks from the guys next to me not catching anything.
10 minutes with the bobber no more fish, throw my # 5 blue fox first cast fish on. This one put up a great fight jumping over a log in the water and somehow it stayed on, i grab it with the cotton glove and as soon as i did the lure falls out. Made for a quick release.
Bobber setup back in had i do the inside drift because i seen a fish following the one i just landed and sure enough bobber down, a small bright 4 lb hen. After letting 5 nice fish go and having a blast i wanted to keep it up and continue fishing, but again,i seen no other fish hooked and was getting dirty looks from the 3 other guys fishing down river from me. About 10 drifts later with the bobber and bead i hook a nice 8-9 lb hen who put up one of the best fights i have had. Long runs followed by high leaps out of the water, then running right to my feet and back across the river. It took about 5 minutes before she was calm enough to slide on the sandy bank and put the velcro like cotton glove to work. I decided this one was going to punch the last spot on my hatchery tag and i would call it an early day.
An old timer watched me hook 4 and came over to see my fish and what i was using. I hooked him up with my exact same rig and gave him my spot, he said it was his first time out in two years so i wanted to help him get a fish. I showed him the drift trough the small channel that fish follow and it wasn't long before he was hooked up, happy, and going home with at least one nice fish. I left the river with a smile on my face not only for my own sucess but the triumph of a fellow fisherman.

Reactions: billfisher
W
waco
Epic day Kevin!! I love when people gives dirty looks like if you were doing something wrong!! :lol:

brandon4455
brandon4455
waco said:
Epic day Kevin!! I love when people gives dirty looks like if you were doing something wrong!! :lol:
i had that happen to me during salmon season..hooked 3 and the flossers gave me dirty looks :lol: . nice job kevin thats a damn fine hour of fishing!!!

A
AssassinfromOR
Nice of you to spread the good luck around. Nice job!

B
billfisher
Way to go AGAIN! You've just killed them this year. I like that you have helped a lot of people this season with all of your input and quality posts. Thank You!

K
Kevinb5688
my pics from the last week

my pics from the last week

hopefully these work, it took 1.5 hours on my slow internet. i about broke my laptop.
some are from today some from the last few days.

• IMG_0738.jpg
  • IMG_0681.jpg
  • IMG_0708.jpg
  • IMG_0711.jpg
  • IMG_0698.jpg
M
mahmichael
Nice man, AWESOME!!

madasahab
madasahab
Kevinb5688 said:
I hit the river today alone ( my fishing buddy had to work) and it was an epic day. First cast fish on, landed, bonked, bright chrome hen. 5 minutes later bobber down fish landed, another bright hen, released for someone else to catch. Picked up the spinner rod 10 or
So cast later another fish, a big slightly red buck. Released in the water. Went back to the bobber and bead setup and wham, another bright hen. Let her go, started getting dirty looks from the guys next to me not catching anything.
10 minutes with the bobber no more fish, throw my # 5 blue fox first cast fish on. This one put up a great fight jumping over a log in the water and somehow it stayed on, i grab it with the cotton glove and as soon as i did the lure falls out. Made for a quick release.
Bobber setup back in had i do the inside drift because i seen a fish following the one i just landed and sure enough bobber down, a small bright 4 lb hen. After letting 5 nice fish go and having a blast i wanted to keep it up and continue fishing, but again,i seen no other fish hooked and was getting dirty looks from the 3 other guys fishing down river from me. About 10 drifts later with the bobber and bead i hook a nice 8-9 lb hen who put up one of the best fights i have had. Long runs followed by high leaps out of the water, then running right to my feet and back across the river. It took about 5 minutes before she was calm enough to slide on the sandy bank and put the velcro like cotton glove to work. I decided this one was going to punch the last spot on my hatchery tag and i would call it an early day.
An old timer watched me hook 4 and came over to see my fish and what i was using. I hooked him up with my exact same rig and gave him my spot, he said it was his first time out in two years so i wanted to help him get a fish. I showed him the drift trough the small channel that fish follow and it wasn't long before he was hooked up, happy, and going home with at least one nice fish. I left the river with a smile on my face not only for my own sucess but the triumph of a fellow fisherman.

Man, that is really cool that you did that. It is something I would also do and it's a shame more fishermen are not like this. Heck, the rivers are for all of us and there are plenty of fish. Nice job and may you catch many fish...