OFF decal debut brings change of fortunes

C_Run
C_Run
My steelheading so far this year had been kind of dismal all throughout January and February. If you added up all the times I went for a few hours here and there plus a couple of hard fishing long days, it was probably about 4 1/2 days at least with no results. The high point was once seeing a fish chase down my spoon only to give it a gentle nip and then disappear about a month ago. It was time to apply the decal.

oBQyM.jpg

I got a call from a friend with an open seat for last Friday to the "secret river". This is the guy who got me going on salmon and steelhead fishing about ten years ago but we hadn't fished together for maybe five years or so. So, it was pretty cool to get to go with him again as it's always fish-on and a real clinic to go in his drift boat. It didn't take ten minutes to get into the first fish, a native hen. (The camera date is not correct.)

OlFyM.jpg

Fish number two came soon after, a less photogenic downer buck, but still bigger and a hard fighter. Fish three got under a log in heavy current and took some serious coaxing to get out. The first keeper. Later I hooked fish number four , a second hatchery buck and a near clone of the previous one. No pictures from the field but here are some pieces of 3 and 4.

mUOJN.jpg

My trusty spoon let me down but the pink worm ruled. If I would have been more on the ball the numbers would have been higher. There were three or four bobber-downs when I was asleep at the wheel with too much line out to set the hook in time. I am not used to fishing out of a boat. It was a great day and my mental state is now much improved.

S
Santiam338
Pink worm huh???

I see a lot of pink worms hanging off tree limbs and brush up and down that river...

Hmmmmm??:think:

Congrats..:D

brandon4455
brandon4455
glad you were able to pick up some fish :clap:

troutdude
troutdude
You have the equation of the day.

Steel + Pink Worms = Smoked Fillets

Yeah MAN!!!

P.S. I dig your OFF logo too.

jamisonace
jamisonace
That's awesome! Didn't I tell you? My daughter put some pixie dust on your decal before it went out :)

C_Run
C_Run
brandon4455 said:
glad you were able to pick up some fish :clap:

Thanks, I was definitely overdue. There are some big trout up there , too, by the way. I'm sure you already know.

Santiam, those are not my worms in the trees. I always cast with perfect control. Mine are all the ones stuck on the bottom. It looks like some of those trees are decorated for Christmas.

Jamisonace, thank your daughter for me. It was five bucks well spent and I should have put it on sooner. It's the only adornment on my fairly new truck so far.

I'm still waiting to spot someone else's decal out there.

R
RunWithSasquatch
Awesome Chris!