New toys!

F
FlyBum
Who ever said Christmas wasn't in February?? My buddy John sent me these reels today and he thought I could put them to use for him. Thanks John :dance:

Nautilus NV 8/9 with spare spool (blue) will be used with my Spey Rod. One with a Skagit (loaded and ready) and the spare will be loaded with a Scandi line. The other is a CCF 8 with a spare spool (silver). Not sure what I'll be loading these with or on what rod to fish, thinking BIIIx 8wt (for when I head to the Flats). They are already loaded with a shooting head and an intermediate sinking lines but I will most likely change these up?

Oh ya, The OLIVES are here :)

Last edited:
S
Sinkline
Cool, congrats!

I came so close to buying a Nautilus when I bought that new Hardy Ultralite. Nautilus are great reels!

Randy

F
FlyBum
Sinkline said:
I came so close to buying a Nautilus when I bought that new Hardy Ultralite. Nautilus are great reels!

Thanks, but it's best when they're given to ya for testing purposes. :)

V
Van
A Nautilus? Well, well well...

S
steelhead_slayer
lucky guy! you'd probably laugh if you saw my reels

brandon4455
brandon4455
steelhead_slayer said:
lucky guy! you'd probably laugh if you saw my reels
mine too LOL.

F
FlyBum
Well, I've never payed full price on most of my gear, these included. Sometimes things just fall in your lap, literally. I made some good friends along my fishing career and things come up that can be quite enjoyable. I've helped some people out along the way as well. It's like Karma, what goes around comes around, and You can't keep it unless you give it away! :)

Reactions: steelhead_slayer
S
steelhead_slayer
FlyBum said:
Sometimes things just fall in your lap, literally. I made some good friends along my fishing career and things come up that can be quite enjoyable. I've helped some people out along the way as well. It's like Karma, what goes around comes around, and You can't keep it unless you give it away! :)

I like your thinking, and agree with what your saying. The best thing about living that way is that: even if things aren't going your way you still feel good because of the people your helping

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
FlyBum said:
Well, I've never payed full price on most of my gear, these included. Sometimes things just fall in your lap, literally. I made some good friends along my fishing career and things come up that can be quite enjoyable. I've helped some people out along the way as well. It's like Karma, what goes around comes around, and You can't keep it unless you give it away! :)

:clap: ill second what ss said

F
FlyBum
It's Progress not perfection! :)