Finally a Cabela's much closer to home

T
TTFishon
That's awesome! I can't wait til they get the one in Springfield running.

O
OnTheFly
Wonderful.:rolleyes: Cabelas or not, let's build a mall in 'Your' back yard instead of mine.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
OnTheFly said:
Wonderful.:rolleyes: Cabelas or not, let's build a mall in 'Your' back yard instead of mine.

Uh,oh...Does Mr. Crankypants need a nap? :confused: ;)
Sorry Jim, couldn't resist. :pray:
Don't really blame you, though. Why don't they use any of the empty buildings already available? :rolleyes:

O
OnTheFly
Raincatcher said:
Don't really blame you, though. Why don't they use any of the empty buildings already available? :rolleyes:

lol! Don't ever change Barb, I like you just the way you are and I mean that.:)

What ever the plan is for the bottom of 213 to allow that much additional traffic I hope it's a good one because right now it's a cluster. I was hoping Historical Oregon City would stay that way. What would John McLoughlin say about this?:confused:

G
GMR
OnTheFly said:

Well I agree with you but.....
If there going to put mall in.. Cabelas is the store ide want there over a Walmart or something else!
Could be a lot worse:)

O
OnTheFly
GMR said:
If there going to put mall in.. Cabelas is the store ide want there over a Walmart or something else!

True That!

kirkster
kirkster
Raincatcher said:

I second what you say about using an already empty building. But I could just hear the CEO's of cabelas now. " no way way were using a second hand store. Our merchandise is to top of the line to be selling it in a second hand building. " IMO cabelas, basspro bunch of over priced upity pre madonna.$*#$@&
Ok enough said

G
GDBrown
They Are!

They Are!

OnTheFly said:

They are, it's in Your back yard not mine, Jim!:lol:

I don't really care one way or the other because I stop at Cabelas in Lacey whenever I go see my mother and brother in Tacoma.:D Which is every two or three weeks.

GD

kirkster
kirkster
GMR said:

That's what a lot of people say. But every one of ya will end up at wal mart. And I can't blame em. Let's see item at cabelas 500 bucks same item at wal mart 89.96?

G
GMR
I have not been to a walmart in YEARS.. Dont miss it.
But as for using a used building.. Im not sure Cabelas would fit in most.. There HUGE
They could add onto one I guess...

B
bigsteel
gotta have plenty of room for all the spandex about to arrive

F
fishtales
I got a pair of Gabe Lined Crocs from there as a gift for my todd. It will be nice to get a new pair close by when she grows out of them. Can't wait!!

O
OnTheFly
Since I can't stop progress, guess I'll just drive down the hill from my house and greet all the OFF members at the door during Cabelas Grand Opening.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

B
bigsteel
OnTheFly said:
Since I can't stop progress, guess I'll just drive down the hill from my house and greet all the OFF members at the door during Cabelas Grand Opening.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

i know what u mean jim,,its like in salem we just got a new dicks and they have absolutely nothing for fly materials,,i like the small business atmosphere at small fly shops.

O
OnTheFly
bigsteel said:
i know what u mean jim,,its like in salem we just got a new dicks and they have absolutely nothing for fly materials,,i like the small business atmosphere at small fly shops.

lol! Remember what lilsalmon said about Dicks?

Last edited:
B
bigsteel
OnTheFly said:
lol! Remember what lilsalmon said about Dicks?
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

F
fishtales
Not sure what was said about Dicks, but they do have pretty good prices on Eagle Claw Hooks. I bought a bunch last time I spent a few days went fishing in the salt.

O
OnTheFly
fishtales said:
Not sure what was said about Dicks, but they do have pretty good prices on Eagle Claw Hooks. I bought a bunch last time I spent a few days went fishing in the salt.

It was a straight forward statement but could have been taken differently. It was just a play on words. I will not repeat it without her permission.

As far as Cabelas, personally I have never been to one so I am curious if they carry decent fly tying material. Personally again, I prefer the small Ma and Pa fly shops like bigsteel mentioned.

Last edited:
C
capblack
bigsteel said:

they may not have much fly materials, but they sure have a great selection of jogging suits. at around $100. I hate Dicks, I must have went in there 10 times since they opened, and i havent bought a thing. Go to wholesale sports, they have a great selection of fishing gear at a decent price. Brian