Steelhead - Tenmile Creek

C
CoastieFlo
Never fished this but seen many people off the 101 bridge the other day going to NB, is this more of an early run of steelies or later? Anyone fish it? thx

P
plumb2fish
They were probly targeting native silvers if they were above 101, it is open for 1 a day, 5 a year above 101.

J
JeannaJigs
Are we talking tenmile lake...down south towards reedsport, or tenmile creek, up north of florence towards waldport?

S
scottishsmokedsalmon
think its ten mile lake (creek) out of north bend,at lakeside.

D
deejay
you can only get silvers once they've entered the lake and you can't fish the canal that connects the two lakes either. Im gonna hit it thanksgiving morning probably motor down to the mouth and fish the lagoon at high tide to see if theres anything going on. Ive spent a lot of time on tenmile creek its tough to fish. Very slow and always clear never blows out. My tip light line and flourocarbon leader clear bobber and try to keep the weeds off.

P
plumb2fish
My bad I thought Hill Top Bridge was on 101

C
CoastieFlo
I was talkin about the Tenmile down by North Bend, yes........the Tenmile Creek up here by Florence is c/r native steelhead.

These guys were fishing steelhead, as they were west of the 101 bridge (the one area you see when you are driving over the bridge looking west).

I have heard the coho have been almost non-existent down there, maybe they are just reallly late? Anyone?? Never fished it so dont knoe.

D
deejay
Fished it last Thursday no silvers or steelhead. We ran out of eggs side drifting trying to keep the trout off the hook