Elk river 11/3-5/10

C
Coho Kid
What, Cedar Creek got moved to the Ocean?

F
fishndad
tuesday i landed a 38 pounder there it was a battle, i had guys yellin, they r actually very rude there especialy when u walk away with your 2 fish in 2 hours hehehehehe but i caught my biggest salmon ive ever caught in my life in the coos river system 2 days prior! 51 lbs! it was absolutely amazing

C
cocovi
Wow looking good !

T
TTFishon
fishndad said:
tuesday i landed a 38 pounder there it was a battle, i had guys yellin, they r actually very rude there especialy when u walk away with your 2 fish in 2 hours hehehehehe but i caught my biggest salmon ive ever caught in my life in the coos river system 2 days prior! 51 lbs! it was absolutely amazing

Dude, that's awesome!!! You have any pics!!!

D
deejay
we drifted the sixes on thursday from mid drift to the grange there was a ton of boats yet i was expecting more lots of fish being caught we had a couple hook ups but couldnt boat em kinda got a late start wasn't there till 10. gonna try er again tomarrow every little bit of rain helps

S
slimyguts
OK OK I hear that the Sixes and Elk are AWESOME.......but where the hell are they at?

D
deejay
port orford

S
slimyguts
OK. Another stupid question.....where the hell is Port Orford?

P
plumb2fish
South of Bandon, Bandon is south of Coos Bay on the coast.

D
Drew9870
Coho Kid said:
What, Cedar Creek got moved to the Ocean?

That was my first thought when I saw the pic :lol:.

M
mosd
fishndad said:

thats awesome... ya the guys there can be a complete ass, especially when there yellling at ya that you snagged the fish, or if you fishing stirring up the fishing grounds... but hey its me laughing after i beach the fish in front of em an point at the fly in the mouth, an politely ask "where is it snagged at" an no im NOT flossing em.... last two i got outta there where both in the roof of the mouth

C
crusty old fisherman
well not saying you did it but it is possible to floss them inside of the mouth. IO never really understood why ODFW allows lead headed leach flies with sinking tip line, but hey it would be pretty hard to get a chinook to smack a top water fly i suppose.

dont take that the wrong way I have no idea what you are using but I have fished down there tons of times and from what I seen thats what most the fly guys use.

M
MIKE (YGA)
nice fish man! on the fly thats awesome...man that pic with all the fisherman is crazy!!!

B
bigsteel
crusty old fisherman said:
. IO never really understood why ODFW allows lead headed leach flies with sinking tip line,

so they should ban jigs also??what about gear guys with there 1/2 to 1oz weights.the whole point of a sinktip is to get the fly down,,i dont seew any reason to ban them.

M
mosd
the whole time i was there i used a floating spey line with a custom Rio T-14 (14 grains of tungsten per foot) line/head... one was cut at 7' during the high tide, then half way through out going tide i used a 4 foot section of t-14, then at low/slack tide i took the tungsten head off and used a clear intermediate head which has a sink rate at 1-2 inches per second for low clear water conditions...

i never made it last weekend, i should have but oh well... but for sure im heading out this weekend.... got salmon fever, i fished siltcoos last weekend... dont want to fish for dark silvers... no thanks

C
crusty old fisherman
the difference is that a jig to be legal has to be suspended under a bobber and a lead weight has to be 12 inches above your hool to be legal read your synopses

they have very clear definitions about how weight can be used but a weighted fly line with a lead headed leach fly doesn't apear to fit those definitions I am just suprised they allow that when it doesn't fit into their clear rules.

B
bigsteel
the difference is that a jig to be legal has to be suspended under a bobber and a lead weight has to be 12 inches above your hool to be legal read your synopses

they have very clear definitions about how weight can be used but a weighted fly line with a lead headed leach fly doesn't apear to fit those definitions I am just suprised they allow that when it doesn't fit into their clear rules.

so if i use a strike indicator on my lead head leech fly that would make it legal???

M
Mad dog

Wrong!!!

Read the regs more carefully! Wow...where in the regs to you get 12", the bobber and jig thing, or a weighted fly?

If you can use a spinner or spoon, both of which are weighted, what's the difference between those or a jig or beadhead fly?

Me thinks Crusty don't like flyfisherman!

B
bigsteel
Mad dog said:
Wrong!!!

Read the regs more carefully! Wow...where in the regs to you get 12", the bobber and jig thing, or a weighted fly?

If you can use a spinner or spoon, both of which are weighted, what's the difference between those or a jig or beadhead fly?

Me thinks Crusty don't like flyfisherman!

yep,,i know he dont like fly fishermen,thats why i wanted to hear his THEORY on why lead head leech flies are bad for fishing...a spinner weighs at least double what a leech fly does..