Well this Stinks!

T
tnffishman
So at the comunity college I attend I did a demonstration speech on how I rig up for salmon with my fly rod. It went ok, I'm not the best at speeches, but the very next guy(a 40 something guy) comes up in full waders and a vest with his pole. I just had some line a swivel and a fly. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Well he starts off by saying, "I dunno what that guy was talkin about with 18-24 inches of leader, I use at least 6 feet!" Then he went on to describe step by step how to floss holding fish in a deep hole:naughty:, and I end up lookin like a chump:mad::rolleyes::(:confused:

B
beaverfan
Oh man that does stink!!! You probably did the right thing not calling him out on it but I know I would have.

brandon4455
brandon4455
dude..thats messed up. ive seen videos where people teach how to floss and what not. it's ridiculous but don't let it get to you. there will always be a handful of decent fisherman such as us to spread the word of good fishing methods tight lines,

brandon

18406ej
18406ej
I'm sure you did fine- sometimes less is more when it comes to props.

PS- By "a 40-something guy" I'm sure you meant that as a compliment, right?

H
halibuthitman
I can't stop laughing.... fishing, what a cruel mistress.. I might have seen this guy on the miami today, and if it makes you feel better... I called the fuzz on him.. and they came... and then the sun came out

brandon4455
brandon4455
halibuthitman said:
I can't stop laughing.... fishing, what a cruel mistress.. I might have seen this guy on the miami today, and if it makes you feel better... I called the fuzz on him.. and they came... and then the sun came out

awesome brad. lets make the flossers fall 1 by 1! lol

H
halibuthitman
poor sportsmen outnumber us 3-1... we have our work cut out for us:(

T
tnffishman
18406ej said:
PS- By "a 40-something guy" I'm sure you meant that as a compliment, right?

of course, but this guy is always being rowdy in class, and it gets on my nerves. But when he described steb-by-step how to floss unwilling fish and the class just ooed and awed and drooled all over it really got me going. And I am sure he got a better grade than me too:rolleyes:

H
halibuthitman
tnffishman said:
of course, but this guy is always being rowdy in class, and it gets on my nerves. But when he described steb-by-step how to floss unwilling fish and the class just ooed and awed and drooled all over it really got me going. And I am sure he got a better grade than me too:rolleyes:

well, I give you an A... you should have handed out packs of water gremlin shot... freebies always wins over the crowd!

T
tnffishman
halibuthitman said:
well, I give you an A... you should have handed out packs of water gremlin shot... freebies always wins over the crowd!

lol I coulda shot them packs of yarn with those hand cannons they have at sporting events

brandon4455
brandon4455
tnffishman said:
lol I coulda shot them packs of yarn with those hand cannons they have at sporting events

Ha. that would be awesome. have a i hate flossers t shirt hand out too. infact.. i think i want to make one of those to wear to the river when the flossers decide to show up. (which is all the time)

T
tnffishman
They used to have those anti snagging shirts but they stopped sellin em before I could buy one