South jetty triangle

B
bythesea
went down to winchester bay today to try the triangle,but now there's a sign up @ the road to the tower say's no trespassing GOV property..What's up with that???? I don't remember it being there!!!! Can you still fish out there??? LONG WALK !!

C_Run
C_Run
I don't know anything about that but didn't they do the same thing at Newport after those folks got swept away? Do they enforce that or is it one of those things they do to cover their butts for liability purposes?

B
bythesea
now that you mention it,,I remember it being brought up on the O.F.F.but I thought they didn't shut that one down.or like you say they just put up a sign to cover their as!!!!!!!!!!!!es But @ winchester you actually have to " drive " through an open gate to get out there.

Last edited:
N
nwkiller
if the gates open then there open.....that signs been there for years...

B
bythesea
all right,Thanks for info I've only been there a couple times just couldn't remember the sign,,

P
pdx89
bythesea,
The Newport sign did 'appear' last summer i think... but i have been there about half-a-dozen times, both night and day, and nothing. But they still get cranky if you leave your car inside the park after 2200. I have noticed both on Newport and on other jetties/sea installations, mostly the sign is a legal thing.
that my two cents

C
CoastieFlo
Corps of Engineers (who owns the jetties) put that up because of some tweakers that kept camping out there........dont worry about it.....unless you are a tweaker :)

P
pdx89
No, no.. just doing some fishing.

L
loves2troll
coastie flo is right there were people tryin to stay in tents down there all the time,"live in there". so that sign is up to keep campers out .I pass that sign all the time on my way to fish the triangle and have never been talked to by the coast gaurd and ive seen a lot of people in there... i was told this info from pete at the bait shop and the odfw officer who checking people at the docks\