Dear Winter Steelhead...

J
JeannaJigs
Oh how I have missed you so....

It really tears at my heart strings, and messes with my emotions all year...waiting...ever so patiently (and sometimes not so patiently)...for this, the best season of the year.

None of the other salmonids compare. Your summer siblings are quite lazy, and your salmon cousins...well they made my waders stink to high heaven, and i still can't quite get rid of the chinook and ho slime stank.... (my apologies, in advance, to whomever gets to ride in my jeep between boat ramps while i've got my waders on, i'll roll the windows down, I promise)

So Sunday, I will take the boat to church for the inaugural float of the winter season...and my hope is that you'll be so enchanted by my boat that you'll have no choice but to take my amazing offering to get a closer look at the inside. Then you'll realize the inside is tore up from the floor up and be like AHHH mistake! Abort! Abort! but...it'll be too late Mr. Steelhead, too late. (unless you're a nate...heh, that rhymed)

That's my plan.

Thank you in advance, Mr. (or Mrs.) Winter Steelhead, for sticking to my plan with me. It's much appreciated.

Sincereliest,

Jigs.

T
Thuggin4Life
Good luck! Alomost hit my river today. good thing i didn't. what looked to be a flattening out river quickly changed from a drop to a rise today with increasing flows. Also the power steering pump locked up and also broke the mounting bracket to it and alsmost tore up my new belt after 10 minutes of driving this morning. Good luck on sunday i might be making my way to the winter steel hole on saturday. and maybe one more lake trip. who knows.

B
BobbiDollPDX
::::sniff sniff:::: that was beautiful

brandon4455
brandon4455
thats epic jigs! i like it,good luck to you bring a chromer back to show us! take care,

brandon

J
JeannaJigs
That bites Andy! I might hit the lake one more time But as you can see, steelitis has got a vice grip and it's not looking like I'll be recovering from the illness for another four months. One would think the cure would be some ink on the tag but that just exacerbates the disease.

Bobbi is my deckhand Sunday, so hopefully Chromers for both of us.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Well said Jeanna.

*BONK*

L
lilsalmon
my emotions suck right now and that was downright emotional...good luck gals....be thinkin of me and I will be sending steel wishes your way I am sooo jealous!!!!!:(

J
JeannaJigs
Aw damn Rose! Soon as your mobile enough to sit in a boat you have first dibs on a seat in my boat!! Soon as you think you can handle it give me a call! I'll even forfeit my launch in the dark/retrieve in the dark habit for a short trip if that makes life easier for ya. Might not be on here so much in the coming hectic months but you can hunt me down on Facebook and you got my phone number.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Since I'm doing the same float in my toon I should probably patch my waders.....

J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:
Since I'm doing the same float in my toon I should probably patch my waders.....

Are you? 'cause you know it's winter steelhead right ;) just keeding. Kinda. Lol. My waders leak again but I'm gonna be in my boat most of the time soooo whatever. It'll be all good.

Are ya for reals gonna float it?

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
JeannaJigs said:
Are you? 'cause you know it's winter steelhead right ;) just keeding. Kinda. Lol. My waders leak again but I'm gonna be in my boat most of the time soooo whatever. It'll be all good.

Are ya for reals gonna float it?

Yah. I mean, I won't get splashed will I?

J
JeannaJigs
Nope lol

This is an attempt to get jerky isn't it?

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
JeannaJigs said:
Nope lol

I wasn't initially. You better bring some now that you have turned it into one!

B
BobbiDollPDX
JeannaJigs said:
Nope lol

Woah! If I'm bringing homemade tuna salad, you better bring some homemade jerky.

G
GDBrown
BobbiDollPDX said:
Woah! If I'm bringing homemade tuna salad, you better bring some homemade jerky.

Are you guys going fishing or planning a down home southern fried chicken pick-o-nic?

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
GDBrown said:
Are you guys going fishing or planning a down home southern fried chicken pick-o-nic?

You wait until photographs come with scent (it's actually possible BTW). We already have mind controlled video games, which, just has an awesomeness level that is completely staggering...

B
BobbiDollPDX
GDBrown said:

If I'm driving 2 hours to fish, I'm bringing food.

B
beaverfan
You guys are gonna slay em and put on a few pounds at the same time!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
beaverfan said:
You guys are gonna slay em and put on a few pounds at the same time!

I don't know... That depends on how noxious Jeanna's waders really are... I will at least have a considerable distance and the hope for wind.

B
beaverfan
I got an industrial grade gas mask if you need it? Of course it's attached to something else right now but I could get it working for ya.