How many does it take?

L
Logger707
Been fishing the umpqua lately and have caught about a dozen ho's and not a single clipped fish.how many does it take before the odds are in my favor,my boat is in need of blood

A
alseaalumaweld
How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

N
Noahk
There has been a lot of talk this year about the clipped Coho not showing up. Maybe ODFW misplaced their scissors for a few months.

A
alseaalumaweld
put fish in at wrong time of year? to low in river? there gone to a nother river?

N
Noahk
What? Salmon don't generally explore other rivers. Besides, they've been missing everywhere.

N
nwkiller
i dont know about that....as far as i can tell this year has been the best year for clippers in the umpqua in a long time.....i have 5 on my tag this year...last year, caught over 50 native silvers...not one clipped.... keep doin your this, it will happen

N
Noahk
I've heard that mostly off the Columbia system but some of the NW section bays too. I think I read something about it a while back too. I'll have to look to see if I can find it.

Do you mind if I ask how you manage to fish so much? Do you not have a normal 9-5? Are there any openings?

L
Logger707
I sure hope it happens soon,last year it seemed to be about every 7 or 8 fish was clipped,the clipped ones have probably been the ones ive lost

N
nwkiller
lol i get thursdays and mondays off....and work mostly nights........i work to fish....bills and fishing gear

L
Logger707
Nights would deffinatly open up more fishing time,im forced to work during daylight hours,i could do nights and fish the day,never get a lot of sleep anyway time for a new job

N
nwkiller
yep nights open fishing but unforunatly close sleep

S
skunk
Logger707 said:
Been fishing the umpqua lately and have caught about a dozen ho's and not a single clipped fish.how many does it take before the odds are in my favor,my boat is in need of blood

Don't worry, I have one lousy fish :) on my tag this yr and have tied into 30+ that have all been native. Not coho, but other salmon and steelhead.

N
Noahk
nwkiller said:
lol i get thursdays and mondays off....and work mostly nights........i work to fish....bills and fishing gear
Must be nice :)

N
Noahk
Logger707 said:
I sure hope it happens soon,last year it seemed to be about every 7 or 8 fish was clipped,the clipped ones have probably been the ones ive lost
Stick with it! I'm sure it will happen soon. Plus most guys are happy to catch one Salmon a year!

troutdude
troutdude
alseaalumaweld said:
How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

The owl never made it past 2. :lol:

Maybe the clippers are just a bit slow coming in this year?

T
Thuggin4Life
Just try to chinook fish.

M
Mad dog
If you get above Scottsburg I would say the ratio is more like 20/1!!! :rolleyes: Those guys up at rock creek have had some poor production years the last couple of seasons! :think: 2 years in a row there were no winter steelhead in the South river! I think at least half or more of this years springer run were wild fish! :D They have done a lot of improvements this year to the hatchery so hopefully things get back on track!