Florence jetty fishing in Feb

J
jrundstrom
as Fish4life says, doesn't seem to be the most productive jetty I've been on. Did catch a legal ling there last year but it was the only fish and even the only strike I've ever gotten there. Combined it with a clamming/musseling trip so as not to have wasted time if the fishing was no good.

P
PARTYBOY
if you want some decent Jetty fishing up north in Barview at the jetty is decent went on Tuesday and Wednesday and caught 2 lings...one 24.5in 2.5lbs and a 22 in 1 lb

J
jrundstrom
Thanks for that tip. I've caught a few ling there while fishing rock bass. It's my favorite jetty, always productive, but too far from Eugene to make it possible to get up there much. Do you know of any surf perch spots near Florence?

P
PARTYBOY
yeah no prob if you fish at Barview for lings use an ounce to ounce and a half jig head hook with a large grub with tail (white, black, or motor oil). Don't do much surf perch fishing so no go on that subject. But again if you go to fish Barview stop at Tillamook Sporting Goods in N.Tillamook and ask for Bill he knows his stuff about fishing the jetty for lings or anything else...he'll even show you a good way to rig up sand shrimp if you ask. Hope this is helpful.

B
bythesea
jrundstrom said:
Thanks for that tip. I've caught a few ling there while fishing rock bass. It's my favorite jetty, always productive, but too far from Eugene to make it possible to get up there much. Do you know of any surf perch spots near Florence?

north of siltcoos beach.can usally limit there,It' getting better everyday. fish-finder rig w/a 4or5 oz pyrmid. sandshrimp tails work best...FISH-ON!!!

G
gmcnair
bythesea said:
well here's my 2 cents.I know it's at least worth that.I was out @ siltcoos beach thursday it took me at least an hour or 2 but, at 2:30 the perch started hitting my sandshrimp like crazy I even caught em' two at a time.it was a blast!!!,And as far as fishing the jetty in florence(south ocean side)I can catch my limit of some really nice rockgreenling any day of the week.I've also caught two keeper lings and one really nice cab so far this year.It's not most productive jetty but,living here it's a kick for me....FISH ON!!!

What are some of your jetty methods for catching and not snagging?

The beach perch fishing sounded fun.

N
nwkiller
lol, there isn't a method...if you get snagged...dont throw it there next time...lol the ocean is always a guess

C_Run
C_Run
Using slinkers like for drift fishing, rather than lead sinkers, has helped me fish longer off the rocks without losing so much gear on the bottom.

B
bythesea
it's tough I usally lose at least one set-up.I throw a 6" grub with a 3/4 lead head (big fish) toss it out about 40' let it drop,come back slow,when your getting close to the bottem of the jetty (rocks) start lifting your tip up high and reel faster keeping your grub just above the rocks. don't throw parallel to the bank,walk down and fish another spot.If you want to catch greenling or such.snell a #4/0 worm hook on about 18" of line thread a whole sandshrimp on it and put a large split shot 1' above and 1' below the hook toss it out far enough so it will fall to the bottem of the jetty,This will definitely cut down on snags but,you wont have to worry about snags cause you'll be catching fish with this one. HEY,you ask....FISH-ON!!!!

Last edited: