Weekend on the Big D w/ my old man..

E
eggs
We stayed in Maupin and while the forcast was bad... the river level fished perfect and we had perfect weather(minus 15min hail storm)..

This was my dads first time fly fishing in 25 years... he had 5 or 6 takedowns but nothing stuck, but his casting got better.

I had tooooo many takedowns... landed a couple, but this beast took my nymph fist cast into the hole..(another one falls to the 3wt)

2011-03-26_10-41-27_113.jpg

2011-03-26_10-42-36_969.jpg

It was a great weekend overall and the BWO and March Browns were out in full force!

Last edited:
Reactions: OnTheFly
B
beaverfan
Awesome, there's nothing better than time on the water with pops.

V
Van
Sounds like a great time. Well done.

brandon4455
brandon4455
beautiful :clap:

B
bigsteel
nice fish man,glad your dad got to flyfish

N
nwkiller
nice fish man, especially when its with your dad!

Y
Yohan
Right on! Glad to here the weather held out for ya. Nothing like fishin' with dad.

S
Sinkline
You always catch gorgeous fish! Nice job!

I enjoy fishing with my two sons and daughter but none flyfish so I fish bait with them using single barbless so we can release if we need to.

Randy

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Great job getting out there with your father and getting him back into the "swing" of things. :lol: :yay: I'm looking forward to taking my son out again soon. :D

E
eggs
Thanks everyone.... yea fishing with him was great! I am stoked to get him going again! Barb I don't thing you will have much trouble talking your son into fishing hahaha!

E
eggs
Yea that green is killer...

From what I am seeing and hearing.. tomorrow and Friday should be awesome over on that side of the mountains.. mid 70's for the first time this year!