Headed for the Slaw...

R
reelguy
I am planning on fishing the slaw this weekend, and am curious if anyone has any up to date reports?? When I return I will definitely report what went down and post some pictures (hopefully!)

H
Halfthrive
Bank or boat? Fishing has been slow, this rain might turn things on though.

E
eugene1
We were there on sunday. We got a nate coho on a spinner. Other boats also got into an occasional coho, no nooks though.

good luck,

H
hawgslayer
Fishing has been slow, but some here's and there's. Looks like the rain is finally going to hit tonight, and if it hits hard the river will be on the rise all weekend. Hopefully it doesn't impact the catching to much. The flats just below Mapleton have been the ticket as of late.

E
eugene1
hawgslayer said:
Fishing has been slow, but some here's and there's. Looks like the rain is finally going to hit tonight, and if it hits hard the river will be on the rise all weekend. Hopefully it doesn't impact the catching to much. The flats just below Mapleton have been the ticket as of late.

hawgslayer, do you troll up there by mapleton or hit it with eggs and bobber? We usually troll it but see a lot of people going with the bobbers to though.

R
reelguy
I bank fished up river of mapleton last friday and it was REALLY slow...I am thinking that I might head down there again on Monday, with the hopes that some rain will help...I am just debating whether or not I should fish the tide water or up river.... I have lots of high quality eggs...and I am down to fish wherever! any tips??

H
hawgslayer
Bobbers all the way. We troll as far up as the first mill just above C&D, and sometimes a bit higher, but rarely. Eggs and bobbers along the banks all the way up to the cut off at Stagecaoch for me.