Just tossing this out....

O
OnTheFly
Thuggin4Life said:
no its a real rod but its super short.
How would you cast with it? Or maybe used for trolling? Shad?

T
Throbbit _Shane
Warm water fish u dont need to cast that far. puppies either :D

T
Thuggin4Life
not sure never tried to use one but there are very lightwieght.

L
lilsalmon
eggs said:
Think I can pull it OFF in Maupin this weekend???

I am sooooo jealous....hope you guys have an excellent trip

B
bigsteel
eggs said:
Think I can pull it OFF in Maupin this weekend???

hell yea you can,,,,,,stand at beavertail and hold a sign that says some gear fishermen beat you up and took your rod.youll have 10 rods before you know it:lol::lol::lol:

M
Markcanby
OnTheFly said:
How would you cast with it? Or maybe used for trolling? Shad?

I think those are for Ice Fishing. And no OTF you dont cast in Ice FIshing.:lol::lol:

E
eggs
bigsteel said:
hell yea you can,,,,,,stand at beavertail and hold a sign that says some gear fishermen beat you up and took your rod.youll have 10 rods before you know it:lol::lol::lol:

Newton ain't got **** on you brotha! Best idea, hands down!

B
bigsteel
Markcanby said:
I think those are for Ice Fishing. And no OTF you dont cast in Ice FIshing.:lol::lol:

i could see jim trying to attach a crystal wooly bugger to it and casting it out..

Irishrover
Irishrover
Ok here is the time tested trick. It works well and after forty years of marriage I finally figured it out. You need to share with your spouse. So I buy my wife fishing gear from time to time. I got her a 5wt fly rod and of course one for me too to match. I did the same thing with those fishing coats that were on sale one for her and of course one for me. Now this is not something I came up with my self to take advantage of my wife, no way! This is a behavior that I finnally figured out she had been using on me for years. She would return from town all smiles and happy, then say look what I got for you. Then she would produce some shirt that I did not want, and would either live on a hanger or in a drawer for the rest of it's life. Over the years this continued then one day I noticed she always had other bags with her. I asked "so what's in those bags" ...."Oh nothing just something I got for myself" That's how it works I get a shirt I have know use for she get a couple of dresses, some shoes and god know what else.
So now I fiure I should be a kind husband and supply her with fishing gear. I bet she would like a new 4 wt fly rod....The trouble is unlike all those shirts she uses all that gear.:lol:

G
GDBrown
bigsteel said:
i could see jim trying to attach a crystal wooly bugger to it and casting it out..

He doesn't cast..... just drags it behind the toon!

GD

O
Outdoor_Myers
hey eggs I will trade you my time to go fishing with you in exchange for one of those baitcaster and fly rods ;) that could be your payment to hang with the coolest person you will ever meet ;) *at the end I can rough you up a bit and you could always tell your wife a coon attacked you and you accidentally dropped your gear into the river and lost it so then you will have to replace it and once I get enough money to buy aka *replace* the gear you loaned me you will (accidentally catch it all in one day its foolproof!)

S
sawdustsavage
Man you got off light. My firstday fishing this summer cost4 or 5 x that. They tell me you can't put a price on fun. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone tell my wife quick. Before the UPS guy gets here again.

O
OnTheFly
sawdustsavage said:
Man you got off light. My firstday fishing this summer cost4 or 5 x that. They tell me you can't put a price on fun. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE someone tell my wife quick. Before the UPS guy gets here again.

lol. Money well spent and the fun is priceless.:cool:

(your iceberg picture is great!)

O
Outdoor_Myers
yo eggs want to take me up on my offer :p lol go catch a fish :p