Oaaaww Myyy Gowd! Steelhead Loves UV too...

M
meluvtrout
Especially this nice 29" gentleman!

Last edited by a moderator:
T
tnffishman
dandy fish man, I wonder how the uv got there... haha

M
meluvtrout
tnffishman said:
dandy fish man, I wonder how the uv got there... haha

He said he borrowed it from this old lady...:cool:

F
Fishtopher
Nice!

troutdude
troutdude
SU......weeeeeet!

B
bigdog
See now there is a fish that knows what to do with some UV

T
Troutier Bassier
UV steelhead necklace.

S
SALTYFISH
He likes uv so much he was swiming through loops for it lol!!!

18406ej
18406ej
Nice fish!

E
eggs
I like the uv stuff its funny stuff for sure, but do you think stressing a ready to spawn nook is safe for the fish?? usually fishin waters with that condition fish are closed..

S
steelhead_stalkers
Looks like a steelhead.

E
eggs
I was just going off the name of one of the pics 'oldnook'... I can't tell what it is other then a big black fish.. and steelhead shouldn't be that dark yet and spawner from mar-may should be dead or ocean bound.. springers should bout to spawn..

Last edited:
B
bigdog
Yep that is for sure a steelie. Looks like it just got back from a long night at a rave or something to me.

M
meluvtrout
eggs said:
I like the uv stuff its funny stuff for sure, but do you think stressing a ready to spawn nook is safe for the fish?? usually fishin waters with that condition fish are closed..

When you're fishing for steelhead, you'll find waters that can hold multiple species. You never know what you'll get until one of the fish from the school hits your lure. That's the beauty of fishing in the middle of no where. Now back to your concern, that nook was released after a quick shot and it was a hatchery nookie as well. Just not my taste of meat. If it were a buck, could have been a different story... And that body of water is open for angling year round. Thanks though for being concerned. Cheers...

E
eggs
Sounds good man! You sure are keeping the party stores proped up during this economy! Haha look forward to the next UV post!

M
meluvtrout
tnffishman said:
Hey I just took a look at the locations of those pics and they look quite familiar. Was that from today?

Yes.

T
tnffishman
meluvtrout said:

I was wondering about goin down in again all month and it's glad to see that there is still some hangin in up there. Probably cause it's so low they have no other options. I know they don't get many summers, but was there still a lot of nooks down there?

B
bigdog
Oh man that second one is a nook lol man your habds had to stink real good after holden that fish lol.

M
meluvtrout
tnffishman said:
I was wondering about goin down in again all month and it's glad to see that there is still some hangin in up there. Probably cause it's so low they have no other options. I know they don't get many summers, but was there still a lot of nooks down there?

Good luck! Nooks are pretty much dead and not enough steelhead to go through that hike... I'll probably wait 2 more weeks to get down there! If it rains of course..

bigdog said:
Oh man that second one is a nook lol man your habds had to stink real good after holden that fish lol.

Tell me about it :)

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
Hey man nice fish! First time I've seen you pose with one holding it upright!:lol: