Thread: Pike minnow!!!

Idea Pike minnow!!!

So Im in a Shivvy mood due to my rent situation. So Karen and I were thinking and yappin about squaw fish AKA The Northern Pike Minnow. Now, Karen does not like the squaw either and does not get bottered about them having to be dispatched in order to maintain their numbers.

I usually kick them to the bank even though I still dont really like having to kill ananimal like that. I must say due to the circumstances it can be fun.

So Karen and I were talking about how we came up with the word Fnish. We took Fun, and Fish and combined them, Fnish.

Lets see what happens when we take Squaw, and fish, and put those together...........

Squish! LOL LOL LOL LOL I formerly declare that on this forum, all squaw fish/pikeminnow be reffered to as "Squish"!!!!!!

I think the new word will catch on. They do make a squishy squaw sound when you sqeeze them so I think its fair.

Squeeze em till they squaw lol; Squish! :dance::clap::think::confused:
    Licensed Wildlife Control Operator ODFW . Sub Permitee For Gopher Patrol & Animal Control NW
    Owner Operator of, Timms Wildlife & Property NW LLC
    :dance: TEAM FNISH YOU TUBE!!
    Gopher Patrol Oregon YouTube
    :cool:Gopher And Mole Problems?

V.I.P.
    They're actually not that bad to eat. They're not a trash fish. They eat insects and meat just like most other fish people eat. If you like white meat fish you'll more than likely like them.

Experienced Member
    I use them for crab bait or crawfish bait. If I happen to catch one in the winter then the raccoons that live near me get a treat for the holidays. Whatever I can do to keep them away from my neighbor who leaves cat food out all the time...

I only catch the big ones in the willamette though. I dont think I shoud eat those ones. Otherwise I think I would be up for trying them sometime. Anyone have a Squish Recipe?
    Licensed Wildlife Control Operator ODFW . Sub Permitee For Gopher Patrol & Animal Control NW

V.I.P.
    I wouldn't eat them either from your neck of the woods. lol The one's I ate were filleted, rolled in corn meal and fried.

Quote Originally Posted by mrlindeman View Post
    I only catch the big ones in the willamette though. I dont think I shoud eat those ones. Otherwise I think I would be up for trying them sometime. Anyone have a Squish Recipe?
    Mr. L, don't you mean a "Squishcipe"? LOL

BTW, there are two brothers (Russian's as I recall) who together made something like $80,000 fishing for them last year. Wanna team up, become Pro Squishers, and get filthy rich in the process? Maybe even start our own TV show: "Fishin' for Squishees" (is is it Squishin' for Fishees"?).

P.S. As the UnOFFicial Mayor of OFFsville, I hereby decree throughout the land-- and do from now henceforth--recognize the OFFicial specie known herein as "Squish"!
    Last edited by troutdude; 11-26-2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: added p.s.
    Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher’s salary.

~ Patrick F. McManus

"Squish", I like it!

I'm gonna go spend the day on the Willamette on Monday, and hopefully catch some squish to squash to then feed to the crawdads!

I wouldn't be opposed to sampling a squish, either, as long as it isn't laced with that beautiful Willamette stew.

Happy squishing! Err... squashing?

Quote Originally Posted by PNW Sam View Post
    I wouldn't be opposed to sampling a squish, either, as long as it isn't laced with that beautiful Willamette stew.
    You don't like "Willy's Stew"? LOL

But I hear ya. I have never eaten a fish, that resides in the Willy. I have adverse reactions to farm chemicals, manufacturing toxins, and raw sewage.

C & R only.
    Scholars have long known that fishing eventually turns men into philosophers. Unfortunately, it is almost impossible to buy decent tackle on a philosopher’s salary.

~ Patrick F. McManus

This thread his hit awesome level 40! LOL. The squish in the Willy get pretty big. My biggest was over 3 pounds. Felt like reeling in a water soaked log though.

Moderator Top Author JeannaJigs's Avatar
    Pike minnow are worthless. I had one try to attack me after I thought it was dead...it was tossed on the bank and flopped back down at me. It was definately trying to murder me. It's sister was in the bottom of my boat and that damn eyeball kept staring at me, and when I went through a set of rapids....it started flopping around, and almost spelled disaster when I once again, thought the nasty thing was conspiring to murder me.
    -Jeanna-
    (Gee-Nuh)
    (Not Jenna)

Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love, it will not lead you astray. ~Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by JeannaJigs View Post
    Pike minnow are worthless. I had one try to attack me after I thought it was dead...it was tossed on the bank and flopped back down at me. It was definately trying to murder me. It's sister was in the bottom of my boat and that damn eyeball kept staring at me, and when I went through a set of rapids....it started flopping around, and almost spelled disaster when I once again, thought the nasty thing was conspiring to murder me.
    Holy SH%$!!! Thats crazy! LOL That dam fish had it out for ya. I would be traumetized after that. Those fish do look really strange to me. That big wide mouth. the yellow color, big bulging eyes!!!!!!! AHHHH!!! Whew.

Keep Oregon Green
    Quote Originally Posted by mrlindeman View Post
    I would be traumetized after that..
    Dunno bout that one Bud, you yourself posted video evidence of you getting pretty close to kissing one! .
    Catch & Release Clan
    - CRC Member #6

Quote Originally Posted by Drew9870 View Post
    Dunno bout that one Bud, you yourself posted video evidence of you getting pretty close to kissing one! .
    LOL LOL Dam. lol Well that one was cute lol Kinda. OK Im weird lol

V.I.P.
    I smoked one one time. Was good but really boney. There has got to be a good way to eat them. There only trash fish above dams where the slow water has helped them to take over. They have always been in the rivers.
    Andy aka "Guide Status"

Christopher Lee Rose R.I.P. homie.

Maybe you could make pickled squish? I do like the term that's funny.

Fishing in Willamette Zone
Fishing in Northwest Oregon
Fishing in Southwest Oregon
Fishing in Central Oregon
Fishing in Northeast Oregon
Fishing in Southeast Oregon
Salt Water Fishing in Oregon
Fishing outside Oregon
Steelhead Fishing in Oregon
Salmon Fishing in Oregon
Trout Fishing in Oregon
Bass Fishing in Oregon