Clear Lake on Hwy 20

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Just found this online and it got my attention. Looks really beautiful and I wondered if anyone here has ever spent time there. The lake is pristine in the pictures and no motors are allowed. Rustic cabins and waterfalls...brookies and rainbows round out the post card setting. Sounds way too good to be true. Any reports? Thanks,gang.

L
lilsalmon
Hah, Barb, its funny you should ask. I was going to suggest this for our gathering...It is beautiful there. The water is wonderful, you can see the fish at the bottom. We stayed in one of the rustic cabins many many months ago. There is also the McKenzie close by and many other water systems.......

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sounds ideal. Let's put it to the gals for a vote...on the other thread.

B
bigsteel
its an awesome place barb,,,,,the water is really clear and you can see schools of fish at the bottom,,,,its a great setting for rowing and fishing.

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
C
cwsmith
I love Clear Lake! I've gone there a few times. The best part about it is its namesake.. CLEAR lake. Some points of the lake are several hundred feet deep but you feel like you are in ten feet of water cause you can see the bottom so well! It's always cold. The underwater forest looks incredible because its so well preserved by the water conditions. And to top it off I have caught sooooooo many trout out of clear lake! :D