Oxbow nate

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
got this litte fella while lookin for a early coho .

E
eggs
wow 1 salt fish??? looks good! I am sure he will spawn and be back in a year or 2!

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
that little fella was beautiful . bright and shinny like the bumper off a 57 chevy .

F
fishy4
sweet man.! way to go. wish someone could show me how to fish the sandy. lol

B
bigsteel
FISHHEADMAFIA said:
that little fella was beautiful . bright and shinny like the bumper off a 57 chevy .

nice bright fish

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
fishy4 said:

where ya live ? coho are on the way and they are a great way to learn .

E
eggs
fishy4 said:

Sandy is actually pretty easy once you know how to read water.. it isn't a big river and seems and everything are very defined. Hardest part is figuring out how to get to the bottom without getting hung up every cast..

F
fishy4
i just moved to the fairview area. stopped by a few weeks ago to a park just outside maybe in troudale? i think it was lewis and clark. i really want to learn how to fish it. just looks like good water. hang ups dont sound too enjoyable. one good thing i did. was i started to make my own slinky weights and its wayy cheap now lol

E
eggs
yea making your own slinkies are the way to go.. also learn how rig and use them sliding instead of being fixed on the swivel and it will help from getting hung up.. 95% of places on the Sandy 3-5 shot slinkys are all you need..

F
fishy4
ok sweet. yeah i started using the sliding setup. with the two swivel idea. if you get my drift(pun intended). its definatley a better rigging. although i have yet to hook or even feel a bite while drifting. :(
Is lewis and clark a good spot to fish or should i be somewhere else? and are eggs better then the corkie technique...?
thanks

F
FISHHEADMAFIA
myself , and this is just me , i prefer pencil lead to anything else . just the way i like to fish . as far as bait , i use corks and yarn , drift eggs , float eggs , and throw spinners . just depends on what it takes to get them to bite on any given day . i dont visit the lower river much . i stay up towards the dodge end .
by the way , you can ask 4 guys where and what to use , and get 5 different answers . and they are all catching fish . just figure out what is comfortable for you .

E
eggs
you can catch fish in the sandy on anything... eggs, sandshrimp, worms, corky/yarn, jigs, spinners... the important thing is to fish what you are confident in.. imo bait is an advantage but also costs more...

right now you are better off higher up to get into coho willing to bite.. oxbow is a year around solid bet for winter and summer steelhead, spring chinook, and coho.. dabney or dodge isn't bad either...

F
fishy4
thanks guys. appreciate the advice. will see what happens. hopefully the fish will start being more active due to rain...

T
Troutier Bassier
I would fish higher up in the Oxbow/Dodge area. I don't hear nearly as many fish caught at L&C then Oxbow.
Nice fish BTW! I'm really excited for coho. :D

F
fishingfreak
:clap::clap:That is a beautiful fish! Good job Man!

FF

T
Thuggin4Life
Very nice fish!