Longest period of skunk

N
nativefish
Just wondering what some of your longest stretches of skunk were? How about your learning curve as far as reducing the time on water/fish ratio?

E
everett464
I had a solid three or four sessions earlier this spring, when the water level was really high, I couldn't get any fish to come to my flies.

I think my ratio has definitely improved in the positive direction, but as I get better at fishing, i get ballsier on when and where I will fish, so I still get skunked (or nearly so) relatively often.

18406ej
18406ej
How about a solid year in my quest for another steelhead? It was only broken by the recent catch of a (small) pikeminnow on the Willamette. I think the best thing for me has been all of the info on this site regarding the wide variety of angling methods and the different bodies of water available each season.

F
fishnquest
Talking only about steelhead from a river: 3 years, 6 months, 2 days :doh: and counting... Everything else I'm good.

N
ninja2010
started targeting steelies winter of 2008... still skunked.

time on water/fish ratio = infinity (>1000+/0)

A
Airs98
This is a fun thread.... I picked up my first steelhead on my 5th trip in 2006 when I just started fishing. After that I caught 5 more steelies on 5 subsequent trips... wow... catching steelhead was EASY I thought! Guess what happened next? I took me almost 3 years to land the next keeper! Man! It's HARD!!!

Last edited:
R
Rascal
4 years ago i started hooked my first steel 6 months later and still waiting to land one

C
Combat Chuck
Ever since I got married last summer! Got my last one 3 weeks before getting hitched and I havent touched one since. Thats a good 10 drift boat trips down the S.santiam plus several shorter bank trips. Throw in some fall/winter Alsea trips too. Last summer I never drifted the santiam without getting a hook up and now I can't find one. Is my marriage a curse? lol

F
fishnquest
Combat Chuck said:
Ever since I got married last summer! Got my last one 3 weeks before getting hitched and I havent touched one since. Thats a good 10 drift boat trips down the S.santiam plus several shorter bank trips. Throw in some fall/winter Alsea trips too. Last summer I never drifted the santiam without getting a hook up and now I can't find one. Is my marriage a curse? lol

Sounds like you're just distracted:D. Phfffffft, newlyweds.