Latest ODFW advisory on the algae bloom

Q
qwapaw
:(Here is what they have to say. I may have to change my plans as the Grand Kids can't swim in the lake and they were counting on that. Tight Lines, Qwapaw

DIAMOND LAKE: rainbow trout

Angling has been good with many people catching their limit. Most anglers are using PowerBait and spinners just off the bottom. Fish are ranging in size from 8 to over 20 inches long. Anglers are reminded that only one trout over 20 inches long can be harvested per day. Consult regulations if you wish to fish the inlet or outlet streams on Diamond Lake. Contact the resort for the latest fishing news at 1-800-733-7593 ext. 238.

NOTE: As of July 15, Diamond Lake is currently under a health advisory due to high levels of algae found in the lake. Drinking, swallowing, and skin contact with water should be avoided. The public can still enjoy camping, hiking, biking, bird watching and fishing at the reservoir. Fish caught in affected waters pose unknown health risks. If you choose to eat them, remove all fat, skin and organs before cooking because toxins are more likely to collect in these tissues. Boating is still an option at the reservoir, but speeds should be kept low enough to avoid spraying passengers with water. For additional information call the Umpqua National Forest at 541-225-6431 or log onto: Umpqua National Forest - Welcome!.

Q
qwapaw
Yes, I just got an e-mail from ODFW. That is great news. I really wanted to fish Diamond this year. Tight Lines everyone, Dan

S
sherman
I hear they have been limiting out up there. Unfortunately I won't make it up there until September. We go every year after school starts back up. Less people, & I can always find a spot to camp along the shore.

I
ICamel49
If you are not aware, Diamond Lake Campground will close right after Labor Day to rebuild the entrance booth and also remove hazardous trees. Broken Arrow and Thielsen will remain open until weather forces closure.