Bite apparently isn't on.

K
KJLarson13
Spent the day @ Hagg today and just couldn't get anything worthy of a catch on the line. Don't have a boat but banked fished up by Scroggins, Tanner, and Sain creek. Went over near the damn and tried out there. Nothing seemed to be hungry apparently. Tried Power bait down deep and just below the surface. Used some spinners, Kastmasters, and jigs. Some perch took the line but nothing of size.

On the side note however, I was using a bass lure and did catch a small mouth about as big as the lure. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

Trying out Timothy Lake tomorrow, let's hope the bite is on!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Welcome to the forum!

Yeah some days are like that. Good luck tomorrow! You can bet you'll do a lot better than you did today! Similar to a good day followed up by a bad day!

Last edited:
O
OnTheFly
Sorry about Hagg. Good luck at Timothy. Sorry man but I gotta bring this up. It's just been coming up too much lately and I hate to see you guys flounder in grammer so listen up!

DAM = A berrier that holds back water.
DAMN = A word said during frustration.:rolleyes:

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Given the context of his post, the word 'damn' would be applicable anywhere within.

If you're bored head on over to the Rants N' Raves section of Craigslist. Grammer Police are needed there a lot more than here! hehe.. :)

Last edited:
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
berrier=one who picks berries

barrier=structure used to barricade or block
lol

O
OnTheFly
lol. i may have been drunk posting:redface:

Last edited:
J
JeepsAreBuilt
OnTheFly said:
DAM = A barrier that holds back water.
DAMN = A word said during frustration.:rolleyes:

A way to help clarify this up is to think of this situation:

What did the fish say when it hit the dam ?

DAMN !!

:D

L
Left Bank
KJLarson13 said:
Spent the day @ Hagg today and just couldn't get anything worthy of a catch on the line. Don't have a boat but banked fished up by Scroggins, Tanner, and Sain creek. Went over near the damn and tried out there. Nothing seemed to be hungry apparently. Tried Power bait down deep and just below the surface. Used some spinners, Kastmasters, and jigs. Some perch took the line but nothing of size.

On the side note however, I was using a bass lure and did catch a small mouth about as big as the lure. Funniest thing I've ever seen.

Trying out Timothy Lake tomorrow, let's hope the bite is on!

I've noticed the same thing but I also have paid close attention to the water temps at Hagg. I'm not an expert but I would guess that the trout are deep to get into the cooler water.

B
beaverfan
Left Bank said:
I've noticed the same thing but I also have paid close attention to the water temps at Hagg. I'm not an expert but I would guess that the trout are deep to get into the cooler water.

Correct, they are also at the mouths of some of the streams running into Hagg. They are much cooler than the lake.

W
wormosa
Hagg must have had an abundance of idiots there today, esp. some guy in a raft using corn lol, oh he pissed me off.... fishing was good I caught 4 trout this morning

troutdude
troutdude
KJ, welcome to the merriment & shenanigans here on the Forum.

Merriment: a cause of mirth; a jest, entertainment, etc.

Shenanigans: mischief; prankishness

K
KJLarson13
Ok, so I can't say I wasn't drunk on the verge of passing out while making that post. But fishing was just as damn bad at the dam as it was every other damn place yesterday =P We went up to Clear instead of Timothy today and had a decent day. Was kind of sporadic but it appears PowerBait was the way to roll the day. Walked away with 8 between the four of us on the NW side of the lake.

G
GDBrown
wormosa said:
Hagg must have had an abundance of idiots there today,...... .... fishing was good I caught 4 trout this morning

Pictures! We want proof.... and the date stamp better be on the front where we can all see it! LOL X5

GD

W
wormosa
went to hagg yesterday and caught 8 trout, threw 5 back, they were too small for me... using the standard ford fender and hey GD what you want proof of the idiots or the fish lol

G
GDBrown
wormosa said:
went to hagg yesterday and caught 8 trout, threw 5 back, they were too small for me... using the standard ford fender and hey GD what you want proof of the idiots or the fish lol

Either will suffice!

I'll be up there tomorrow morning if I get the fish finder working this afternoon, and yes I will take my camera.... batteries may be optional though!

GD

W
wormosa
GD i been catching those trout like crazy, i bought a wedding ring from the store there and the color is this... green/black they work very good and they sell them for 2.49 compared to walmarts 3.19 i believe... i get up there early and am off the lake by noon, i cannot stand the skiiers/wake boarders, they have no respect for anyone.

G
GDBrown
Hagg in the morning

Hagg in the morning

wormosa said:
GD i been catching those trout like crazy, i bought a wedding ring from the store there and the color is this... green/black they work very good and they sell them for 2.49 compared to walmarts 3.19 i believe... i get up there early and am off the lake by noon, i cannot stand the skiiers/wake boarders, they have no respect for anyone.

I got there about 8:30 (I'm not much of an early riser, just ask Jay) and fished until 10:30 or tried to anyway. I'm still working on the motor/boat setup and I'm getting closer. I can now troll at 1.7MPH! Need to get it slower I know, I keep adjusting things on the motor after the carb rebuild and I've about got it. The 25HP is a bit much for trolling so I've got a couple 3 Gal buckets set up for dragging. I did get the finder to work and all the fish I marked were in the 14 - 18 foot depth. Most were in the middle of the lake towards the dam.
There were others on the lake fishing and catching some but not a lot. The Osprey were having the best luck but they have a birds eye view that helps, Right! I may try again later this evening after I do some more adjusting.

GD

No pics because I got no fish!

troutdude
troutdude
Don't forget...those Osprey also have reflective sunglasses. So, it's no wonder they can spot those fish!

G
GDBrown
troutdude said:
Don't forget...those Osprey also have reflective sunglasses. So, it's no wonder they can spot those fish!

I had on my Polorized shades but they only help so much!

troutdude
troutdude
You simply need to plunk down the $$$ for a pair of "Osprey Reflectives". There stylish and they work! LOL