Has anyone been out since the Buoy 10 opener?

B
BobbiDollPDX
Any reports? New info?

F
fishtales
I have not. I will be he last full week in August.

B
BobbiDollPDX
Hmmm, well I am going out Saturday, hopefully I'll have something good to say when I get back.

S
Swamp Puppy
hope so Bobbi. I plan on heading out saturday as well, but i am sticking to the river close to home looking for a few of the early runners. was out last saturday and know of two fish caught in the lines above us. being that is was still the day before the official fall season, they both had to be released due to having 1 too many fins.

F
FishFinger
Reports I'm getting suggest it's a bit slow yet. 1 sliver out of 24 poles on the beach.

W
wormosa
i will be there on the 22nd of the month...i hope it is good

J
jeffcycles
I was there from 9-5 on the 11th with a guide. We had 6 rods down from above the Astoria Bridge out to Buoy 10. Fished WA and OR areas with nothing to show for it. Deadly slow, binoculars on the other boats and no one getting into fish, reports only listed a few fish taken from the river itself.

F
FishFinger
Saw 3 fish hooked, 1 lost, 1 released and 1 tagged out of perhaps 40 rods last Sunday. Painfully slow is the word I'm currently hearing also.

S
SALTYFISH
I fished the 6th and 7th no fish in the river yet. Had to go 3 miles past the cr bouy to find them started hiting fish when we got to 300 ft one 35# one 18# and 2 silvers fish checker at hammond only checked 2 other fish all day ..

Irishrover
Irishrover
Yesterday got up at 4:30 and made the drive to Newport from Sandy. I checked the NOAA report and it looked good. Got to Newport and the bar was restricted the ocean ruff and foggy. The charters called it early and darn few if any fish caught. My fishing buddy showed up from Astoria to go out and we made it a have lunch day at the Chowder Bowl instead of waiting for the bar (ocean bar) to open. He guides out of Astoria and said it has been real slow up their too. I do believe this is pay back for last year being such a great year both weather wise and fish wise.

D
DannyP
Fished with Grant Scheele on Saturday the 14th. Fished between the Bridge and Bouy 10, went 3 for 4. Got a e-mail and picture message from another guide who got limits at CR bouy.