Heading to the Mac at the crack of dawn

R
rippin fish lips
Ok fellow OFFers! I am heading out on the mac at the crack of dawn tomorrow morning (sunday). I'm a hardwear guy. I will mainly be targeting trout but i still want to try to get a steely. If anyone has any info on what lures have been producing for steelhead, will you please share?! and same with the trout. I will be fishing from hayden bridge, up. Not sure how far yet, but anything above hayden bridge.

Any tips appriciated!

B
beaverfan
Spinners and spoons, small and in brass. Fish em slow and make sure your getting your lure just off the bottom.

R
rippin fish lips
beaverfan said:
Spinners and spoons, small and in brass. Fish em slow and make sure your getting your lure just off the bottom.

Ok thanks beaverfan! I was thinkin about getting out on the banks and fishing the water at around 5:00 am or 5:30. Too early or is it just the right time to get out?

F
Finneus Polebender
rippin fish lips said:
Ok thanks beaverfan! I was thinkin about getting out on the banks and fishing the water at around 5:00 am or 5:30. Too early or is it just the right time to get out?

Son in law swears by first light, he usually gets there well before dawn and uses a spotlight to locate where they are layin so he targets the right spot at dawn .Good luck tomorrow!

R
rippin fish lips
Thank u FP! i will be there right at the crack of dawn, going to start at hayden bridge and work my way up.

R
rippin fish lips
Well got out on the river at 6. started at hayden bridge, caught 3 there. Drove upstream a little to find new water i have never fished before. The first hole i found looked really good, I ended up catching 1 nice cutty out of it but got a lot of hits! (this was like a mile or 2 above hayden bridge). Well i kept working my way up, got to this spot where there was a bunch of debris (logs) piled up with deep pockets in between them and on the sides, saw a few fish in this hole and got a couple hits but nothing hooked. So after that i work my way up some more to bellinger boat landing, fished that whole stretch and not a nibble! (I have never had any luck there). After that i went above it a mile or two on the way to hendricks, found about 3 or 4 nice lookin holes there, The first one i stopped at i hooked 1 bow and 2 cutts. The next hole i found i didn't get anything. The 3rd hole i hooked onto a salmon smolt. Now i get to hendricks i follow the trail up river and fish all the good water i see hard, hooked onto a nice 14 inch cutty. I ended up pulling out 3 fish all together right above hendricks boat landing. So i worked my way up a couple miles above hendricks and found a few good looking spots that i havent seen, (up dearhorn road) didn't manage to pull anything out of these last holes but was getting hits! No pics cuz i dont got a camera, i do have a camera phone but dont have the cord to upload the photos, I was also too busy learning new water! Fished every hole with a postive attidude towards it and fished them really hard! GOOD DAY ON THE RIVER TODAY! :)

T
TTFishon
rippin fish lips said:
Well got out on the river at 6. started at hayden bridge, caught 3 there. Drove upstream a little to find new water i have never fished before. The first hole i found looked really good, I ended up catching 1 nice cutty out of it but got a lot of hits! (this was like a mile or 2 above hayden bridge). Well i kept working my way up, got to this spot where there was a bunch of debris (logs) piled up with deep pockets in between them and on the sides, saw a few fish in this hole and got a couple hits but nothing hooked. So after that i work my way up some more to bellinger boat landing, fished that whole stretch and not a nibble! (I have never had any luck there). After that i went above it a mile or two on the way to hendricks, found about 3 or 4 nice lookin holes there, The first one i stopped at i hooked 1 bow and 2 cutts. The next hole i found i didn't get anything. The 3rd hole i hooked onto a salmon smolt. Now i get to hendricks i follow the trail up river and fish all the good water i see hard, hooked onto a nice 14 inch cutty. I ended up pulling out 3 fish all together right above hendricks boat landing. So i worked my way up a couple miles above hendricks and found a few good looking spots that i havent seen, (up dearhorn road) didn't manage to pull anything out of these last holes but was getting hits! No pics cuz i dont got a camera, i do have a camera phone but dont have the cord to upload the photos, I was also too busy learning new water! Fished every hole with a postive attidude towards it and fished them really hard! GOOD DAY ON THE RIVER TODAY! :)

Wow! Looks like you covered a lot of water. I always upload pics from my phone by texting them to my email.

T
Thuggin4Life
Right on man sounds like you tore it up!

R
rippin fish lips
TTFishon said:
Wow! Looks like you covered a lot of water. I always upload pics from my phone by texting them to my email.

Yes i did! that was my goal now that i got drivers insurance. Just need a job really really quick!