Amazing day on the Mack !!!!

C
cobias
Hit the mckenzie today or i guess yesterday...( got off the river at dark ) with Everet464 and got him into not only his first chinook but two others. Of course the one that was chrome bright ( and i mean CHROME not bronze ) got off ! Youll have to ask Everet464 about that. HaHa ! But the first was a bronzy hen that we kept for the eggs and i think she will smoke up fine, the second was the chromer that became an LDR and the last was about a 20lb dark buck nook. We let him live. No steelhead ??? We didn't even see any. I think they do the trucking at random dates now....i hope they havent stoped the recycle program for this year or ill be bumed out. Heres a few pics...we also got video and i will try to upload that soon !

J
Johnny Southpaw
Sounds like a fantastic day on the river-way to have some fun and get into some fish!

E
everett464
My first big fish! That was an awesome day, now I just need to get into one on the fly, and I can die a happy man... or at least start classes again a happy man.

And, that fish was spunky, I lost all guilt about that LDR overnight.

R
rippin fish lips
nice fish! may i ask again? what did u get this one on? that same thing as the last one? kwikfish?

jamisonace
jamisonace
Sounds like there is a story behind the LDR??? Is it a good one? Since I'm completely unfamiliar with the Mac, I booked a trip on Tuesday to catch some of those bad boys (or girls). Hopefully I'll be posting some pics of fish too!

cobias said:
Hit the mckenzie today or i guess yesterday...( got off the river at dark ) with Everet464 and got him into not only his first chinook but two others. Of course the one that was chrome bright ( and i mean CHROME not bronze ) got off ! Youll have to ask Everet464 about that. HaHa ! But the first was a bronzy hen that we kept for the eggs and i think she will smoke up fine, the second was the chromer that became an LDR and the last was about a 20lb dark buck nook. We let him live. No steelhead ??? We didn't even see any. I think they do the trucking at random dates now....i hope they havent stoped the recycle program for this year or ill be bumed out. Heres a few pics...we also got video and i will try to upload that soon !

C
cobias
LDR story

LDR story

Well, ill tell it. The fish was bright and hot....lots of head shakes, going into that death roll like coho do...then my anchor lost hold and we slipped into a shallower tailout. When we finally anchored in deeper water he slacked the fish for a brief moment and it came unbuttoned. He did a great job on the third fish though...i didn't get pics of that but i got good video and will try to post it soon.

T
Thuggin4Life
Sounds like you two had a blast. what the heck is LDR?

C
cobias
Ldr

Ldr

Long distance release...A funny way of saying you lost it. Im headed out again, report tonight.

T
Thuggin4Life
lol too funny never heard that before but gonna steal it and reuse it. good luck.

D
Derek
cobias said:

I have heard they stopped recyclein already but not totally sure. Went last tuesday up below the Dam and there were Steelhead everywhere but they didn't seem hungry

C
cobias
mck report july 31

mck report july 31

didn't get anything today...it seems the water cooled off a bit and it seemed like it was on the rise ? Seen one nook taken and a boat with a dark hen nook and a steelhead at greenwood. Pulled plugs like crazy and nothin. With the cooler weather/water they were off the plug bite. Should have brought eggs or shrimp...oh well. I think they quit recycling steelhead. Seen only two steel with no tags in their back. Will call odfw monday and see.