Help identifying my pole

Z
zarboth
YES PIC WORK!!!!!!!!!!! but the real i need to bend up or somthing because it gets stuck on the thing i use to reel in lol

troutdude
troutdude
I'm sorry man. But more information is needed (or an "in person" inspection by a "trained eye").

Just a guess though; if it is old and 9' it is likely a Salmon or Steelhead rod.

C
capblack
yeahh if its 9 ft with a med or heavy action, it would probably have been for steel and salmon spinning, but that reel will probably need some help if your going after steel and salmon. for a buck and a half you can't go wrong though even if you hang it in your living room and imagine what the old timers got with it. Brian

B
beaverfan
Hey Zarboth, if you can I would take your rod in here sometime. He's very well known in the fishing community and he should be able to tell you just about anything about your rod and reel!

Ollie Damon's - Google Maps

Z
zarboth
beaverfan said:
Hey Zarboth, if you can I would take your rod in here sometime. He's very well known in the fishing community and he should be able to tell you just about anything about your rod and reel!

Ollie Damon's - Google Maps
sorry man to far but heres what i will do i will film it and post a vid on youtube then post the link for you guys to watch

B
beaverfan
It will definitely work good for Steelhead and most Salmon. No idea on the maker or anything like that, it does look like a pretty nice rod though!

troutdude
troutdude
Brian was right, that reel is pretty puny to try to get a salmon or steelie. More of a trout reel. But, you'd want a smaller / lighter rod for trout.