Rogue River open to wild salmon soon

T
Throbbit _Shane
Just seen this on Best Fishing in Oregon on Facebook thought id post it on here :D

Just announced: The Rogue River will open to harvest of wild spring chinook this Saturday, from Gold Ray Dam down to the mouth. ODFW initiated the opening 10 days ahead of the previously set season, thanks to great returns this year. The river will continue to be open to recreational harvest of hatchery-marked chinook, of course.

Im gonna have to get my stuff together and go fish below gold ray before they tear it down this summer :D

B
beaverfan
Wait so that Salmonkid or whatever his name was shouldn't have kept any of those native Chinook he caught? I thought it was already open to nates, or was that just a different section of river?

T
troutmasta
Geez I hope he didn't get a ticket!

B
beaverfan
Dude you think you could stop stalking me around the forum contradicting every post I make? Kinda immature!

Sorry your butt hurt I won't talk to you but come on man! All you do is talk crap about your friends!

I know for a fact you dislike poachers as much as any of us!

Last edited:
T
troutmasta
If your referring to me, Im just here to give advice and comment. Im not jacking this tread either. If your upset you can pm me. Sorry to make you mad.
Still hope he didn't get a ticket. Troutmasta.

B
beaverfan
troutmasta said:
If your referring to me, Im just here to give advice and comment. Im not jacking this tread either. If your upset you can pm me. Sorry to make you mad.
Still hope he didn't get a ticket. Troutmasta.

Really, poachers shouldn't be punished? Nope not mad at all, it's actually quite comical! You've been following me around the forum all day like a puppy dog. Sit boy sit, now stay!

Sorry Shane didn't mean to jack the thread!

T
troutmasta
Throbbit _Shane said:
Just seen this on Best Fishing in Oregon on Facebook thought id post it on here :D

Just announced: The Rogue River will open to harvest of wild spring chinook this Saturday, from Gold Ray Dam down to the mouth. ODFW initiated the opening 10 days ahead of the previously set season, thanks to great returns this year. The river will continue to be open to recreational harvest of hatchery-marked chinook, of course.

Im gonna have to get my stuff together and go fish below gold ray before they tear it down this summer :D

Looks like Im headed south on saturday!

T
Thuggin4Life
that kid has been borderline keeping leagal fish and i think some were poached. and if i remember right he was fishing below a dam. shane you gonna have a good pic for us saturday?

T
Throbbit _Shane
troutmasta said:
Looks like Im headed south on saturday!

If you do let me know :D i dont have much of the proper gear but trout opens on saturday too

Thuggin4Life said:
that kid has been borderline keeping leagal fish and i think some were poached. and if i remember right he was fishing below a dam. shane you gonna have a good pic for us saturday?
I might thuggin :) I might fish the applegate river though saturday since it opens back up for trout
beaverfan said:
Wait so that Salmonkid or whatever his name was shouldn't have kept any of those native Chinook he caught? I thought it was already open to nates, or was that just a different section of river?
in the thread he said the state cop confirmed it was a missed clip but who knows..