Best Trout fishing near Portland

W
wopdango
I want to go trout fishing in the general portland area (hopefully no more than 30 min outside of town). I have been a couple places and have been skunked every time. I fish from the bank, not a boat. Any advice. I want a sure thing, I am a guy who doesn't like the chase (women or fish!) :D

C
capblack
if you want a sure thing, go to red lobster, otherwise, what part of pdx are you in.

W
wopdango
capblack said:
if you want a sure thing, go to red lobster, otherwise, what part of pdx are you in.

I live in the West Linn area, but like I said, I am looking for a 20-30 minute range from the general portland area.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Catching fish is not a sure thing. Pay for a guided fishing trip. Even then its not a sure thing u catch a fish.

Buy the 2 rod license and set up both rods with different baits. Good luck out there!

troutdude
troutdude
Throbbit _Shane said:
Buy the 2 rod license and set up both rods with different baits. Good luck out there!

Ding ding!

You've got to put TIME in to catch fish...period. If you don't have any patience, you won't catch any fish.

B
beaverfan
This is about as sure of a thing as you can get.

J
JeannaJigs
Lol trout farm...sigh...walking away lol.

Why do people expect instant results for everything? I blame the Polaroid camera for starting this trend of instant results.

Really walking away meow.

W
wopdango
JeannaJigs said:
Lol trout farm...sigh...walking away lol.

Why do people expect instant results for everything? I blame the Polaroid camera for starting this trend of instant results.

Really walking away meow.

Wow, you are all very ornery. I know fishing takes patience and time. I am asking if people know good spots they have had personal luck with. Obviously, I could go to a trout farm and catch something, I know that, I dont want that. I was hoping for some personal preferences where people have had luck.

B
BobbiDollPDX
wopdango said:
Wow, you are all very ornery. I know fishing takes patience and time. I am asking if people know good spots they have had personal luck with. Obviously, I could go to a trout farm and catch something, I know that, I dont want that. I was hoping for some personal preferences where people have had luck.

You are the one who said you wanted a "sure thing".

J
JeannaJigs
Look in the reg book and find ponds or lakes in the area, then do a search on here for that body of water. Gotta do a little foot work if you want results ya know?

W
wopdango
JeannaJigs said:
Look in the reg book and find ponds or lakes in the area, then do a search on here for that body of water. Gotta do a little foot work if you want results ya know?

Thanks for the positive support there. Way to teach me a life lesson through a message board.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Were just trying to help you get into some trout....

Use a tiny treble hook and slab some powerbait on it. Float it a couple feet off the bottom, and you should be into some stocker trout in no time!

Im 4 hours away so i can't help you with where to go. But stocker trout love that powerbait stuff.

J
JeannaJigs
Alrighty then...well good luck. You're going to need it with that kinda attitude. If you don't enjoy the chase, and the work...fishing is not the sport for you...at all...there's a ton of fish markets in pdx though I'm sure. Instant gratification! Woot!

Reactions: beaverfan
troutdude
troutdude
wopdango said:

Dude, did you even bother to read the thread that MeLuvTrout posted for you? There's lots of great information there. That's why I didn't bother to add anything. If you haven't clicked on that link (or done what others have suggested here), then there's no hope. This isn't a baby sitting forum.

P.S. One snide remark deserves another.

D
davidlee
wopdango said:
I want to go trout fishing in the general portland area (hopefully no more than 30 min outside of town). I have been a couple places and have been skunked every time. I fish from the bank, not a boat. Any advice. I want a sure thing, I am a guy who doesn't like the chase (women or fish!) :D

Hagg Lake is a bit out of town but is normally pretty good and regularly stocked. Plenty of decent bank fishing spots.

troutdude
troutdude
Yep. Hagg is a good bet, especially now that the warmer is warming up.

Also check out NFR (North Fork Reservoir) on the Clack, when it opens on May 28th.